Pubs for Barnsley

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I'll see you in there wherever you decide Beefy

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
I should have done a lot more research on this subject this week, but it 's a bit hectic in our house at the mo.

I phoned South Yorkshire police today to see which pubs in Barnsley are away fan friendly, and they said they didn't give out that information until nearer the time. Despite the fact that I had my best bank manager accent on, they wanted to know how old we were & how we were travelling to Barnsley.

I am told by mates that The Outpost on Sheffield Road (the mian A61 out of town towards Sheffield) is a good bet & I believe they have Sky Sports.

If you come by train you will have to walk through the shopping centre & market to get to the pub. The old man recommends getting a cab!

If you are driving to the ground, the signposts will send you all round the houses to the away car park which is at the Metrodome leisure centre, on the hill overlooking the ground. This goes past the hospital & the last week they were resurfacing the road outside the hospital & there was traffic chaos.

The main road from juntion 37 of the m1 is the A628 which, once it gets through the town centre & across the railway line is the main Pontefract road. The ground is at the end of Grove Street about half a mile from the railway line. There is a big car park at the front of the ground, but this is for home fans & I don't think they allow you to drive to the away car park from here, so make your mind up as soon as you get off the motorway. I've never had any damage done to my car when it is parked in town, even on the days when p***** or cardiff were in town. There is a shortgage of parking spaces at the moment as they are building a big supermarket that has taken up a lot of parking space.

If you park at the ground & want to go to the Outpost, keep walking uphill! The road going uphill from the main road infront of the ground joins up with Doncaster Road, turn right at the top & keep walking until the junction with Sheffield Road. The Outpost will be in front of you.

It will be a strange day for me, having the old man in tow and seeing my two kids out on the pitch. Hope you have a great match anyway & let's hope we don't have to go to Oakwell next season :clap2:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
You live in Barnsley?

Who are your two kids?

How do you get to the outpost from the station?

Is Emily going?

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
fatboy said:
You live in Barnsley?

Who are your two kids?

How do you get to the outpost from the station?

Is Emily going?

Yes, I live in darfield, a village 6 miles to the east of Barnsley

Outpost from the station, through the market & pedestrianised shoppong centre & then through the Alhambra Centre (more shops). You could walk up the main road that goes over the railway line, but I don't think there's a footpath, hence old man saying get a cab.

My two kids are Matthew & Emily. Matt is the Barnsley mascot, he will be just as big as Leon Knight & Em is our mascot, so

Yes she is going :angel:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I can't wait to see the pictures of Matthew and Emily as the two mascots

Do you have a digital camera EM? Perhaps we could have the pics on here.

I don't think any other NSC'er has had two kids as opposing mascots before

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I doubt it very much - a very unique double !

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I feel so sickened that I have to miss this one. We'll have to arrange to meet for a coffee before I leave Yorkshire.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Emily's Mum said:
Yes, I live in darfield, a village 6 miles to the east of Barnsley

Outpost from the station, through the market & pedestrianised shoppong centre & then through the Alhambra Centre (more shops). You could walk up the main road that goes over the railway line, but I don't think there's a footpath, hence old man saying get a cab.

My two kids are Matthew & Emily. Matt is the Barnsley mascot, he will be just as big as Leon Knight & Em is our mascot, so

Yes she is going :angel:

Do you log in as Matts mum on Barnsley boards?

More to the point why do your kids support those two teams?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
fatboy said:

There is nothing wrong with supporting two teams when younger I have resigned from trying to wean my lad of MUFC - they'll grow out of it when they will simple as that.

The trouble is the media, endless headlines on Beckham etc but BHARC don;t make the papers much.

Mind you when we were in Turkey as soon as we hit a bar to watch Sky and the Gillette Soccer Special Oldham game he was soon back in the groove.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
fatboy said:

The daughter follows her Mum's choice and the son follows his local team and Dad's choice.

Honours even

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Beach Hut said:
The trouble is the media, endless headlines on Beckham etc but BHARC don;t make the papers much.
[/B]

I must say I havent read much about BHARC in the papers.

A shame.

I hear they are a good rugby team.

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
No I don't go on the Barnsley boards, my RSI can just about cope with ours!

As Yorkie has said, Matt is a Barnsley lad & supports his local team & Em had to put up with the troubled 96/97 season before she was born, so it was only fair that she got to see what all the fuss was about. It also means that I don't have to have two kids with me every Saturday :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here