Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Public Sector Strike Day

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I don't trust the media to tell anything near the truth and as such don't read a newspaper or watch television news. Win, lose its of no consequence to a great majority of the population, but this is all more complicated than your black white portrayal. I don't trust governments, unions, the press, the oil companies, energy companies, banks, insurance companies, supermarkets and politicians. I gave my opinion that I felt you were being mugged off, because after any previous strikes that have taken place what gains have been made by the strikers?

I've just told you of 2 strikes that I was involved with on a legal side which i cant say the specifics of, where the employees did get what they deserved and without striking would not have achieved greater job security. My point being that you don't trust the media to tell you the truth, yet you believe what you heard from the media regarding the outcomes of strikes in the past. I'm just saying, you cant say strikes don't help those striking, because sometimes it does, and remember it is alway always a last resort.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Always amazes me that when these issues come up all the private sector types whinge on about how good Public Sector Working conditions are. Pay, pensions and how secure their jobs are. If they are so good why don't you go join them then? Learn to become a Teacher if you want more holidays, train to be a Firefighter if you want to risk your life for some pisshead who's left their chip pan on and fallen asleep, or be a bin man in all weathers to pick other peoples shit up for 40 odd years.

Easy street, the Public sector.

My missus teaches,she loves it,she get all the holidays and so forth,she will get a better pension than me,but then i suppose i am helping pay for it...and mine too..

Dandyman

In London village.
yes, 16% pay increase is very moderate. i suppose we can all pay a similarly moderate increase in council tax to contribute to this. wait, we dont need to because the NI and tax on the increase will pay for the rise itself. :moo:.

There has been a cut of about 18% in the real value of local government wages. Do you want to tell me how I recruit quantity surveyors, electricians, fire risk assessors, major works programme managers et al in that situation ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
My missus teaches,she loves it,she get all the holidays and so forth,she will get a better pension than me,but then i suppose i am helping pay for it...and mine too..

my daughter teaches and loves it..but boy does she put the hours in...needs the 'holidays' to physically survive!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
my daughter teaches and loves it..but boy does she put the hours in...needs the 'holidays' to physically survive!

They do,mine goes in tomorrow at 7.45 she does breakfast club,then nursery then after school club,she will roll in at about 1845,they cannot wait for the holidays..

I tell her that my day is 11 hours minimum sometimes 13 hours and that does not include the 2 hours commute,she says i chose the job,she also mutters something about ironing,cooking and washing,i sometimes reply,but you were born for that,then run....very fast :lolol:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Drew, we're all mugged off by successive governments, havn't you worked that one out yet. Every government wants the public sector as cheaply as possible. Every government wants to tax us, send our sons and daughters to war, encourage the charitable sector whilst giving us little soundbites on the television and radio. My motives in life are altruistic and I give my time freely and without seeking a return.
You havn't answered any question thoughtfully but have fired off after a day of action. You have a problem listening to anyones opinion without being rude and spiteful. Someones got your mind and that's a dangerous place to be, you sound radicalised to me?

That's rich! I haven't given any thought but you generalise on the basis that every striker has been duped by the union. You are a real card!!! And to cap it your final comments are as ignorant as your previous ones.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
With my recent experiences with public sector workers at the council, DWP, job centre and HMRC I struggle to support this strike based on their extreme inefficiency, rudeness, shambolic organisation and complete lack of empathy. The public sector needs a massive top to bottom overhaul but of course the workers wouldn't stand for that.

The public sector is constantly being overhauled. Let's hear your detailed plans. They might be better than those of the politicians who constantly muck it all up.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If it is any consolation Mrs Hut was a Scab today and went to work.

Good to see the Blue version has finally arrived for her.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If it is any consolation Mrs Hut was a Scab today and went to work.

Good to see the Blue version has finally arrived for her.

Let's not use her as an example. She's probably quite content with free travel and not particularly bothered with her own personal work conditions.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Let's not use her as an example. She's probably quite content with free travel and not particularly bothered with her own personal work conditions.

Jesus you are fecking boring these days and have to try and make things so personal - grow some balls for once and stop whinging.

And just if for once you did actually understand the travel bit it is not free to just travel to work for her but hey ho you always seem to know best when actually you have no real understanding of the situation.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You don't have to be a saint to be a nice person. Keep boasting your union won benefit and contradicting your grand position.

I do not give a flying **** for my union and in your total ignorance the actual government of the time sealed my fate but yet again you feed on a belief which has no substance.

Come back once you actually educate yourself about the situation instead of snide remarks with no substance - two years or so ?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I do not give a flying **** for my union and in your total ignorance the actual government of the time sealed my fate but yet again you feed on a belief which has no substance.

Come back once you actually educate yourself about the situation instead of snide remarks with no substance - two years or so ?

Sealed your fate? Free travel? Poor little sausage.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sealed your fate? Free travel? Poor little sausage.

As I said come back with an understanding of what happened, google might tell you alas you just peddle some very poor untruths and make yourself out as the social justice Saint of total Boredom

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Call this a simplistic view, but I feel the teachers have every right to strike - their pay rise is at 0.8% for a year - with inflation running at 2.2% for a year, it means there is a net shortfall of 1.4% - effectively for every £100 they earn, they will be £1.40 WORSE off than this time last year. Unless I'm missing something, it means that for a teacher earning £30k, they will be nearly £500 a year out of pocket - it just doesn't seem fair that they are effectively receiving a pay cut for doing their job, plus any latest wheeze dreamed up by that smug twunt Gove.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I crossed the picket line for about the 12th time in five years, ridiculous!

I bet you still pay your subs to your union and if ever were in trouble at work through an incident or sickness, you would need the help of your union rep to save your job? Yet you betray them.
I think anyone that crosses the pickets should not be allowed union membership. If you don't agree with what your union is doing then leave!!
Oh and before you say 'you left your union', then you wouldn't be eligible for strike. Many cowards and selfish, cross the pickets yet still pay their subs and profit from conditions and pay rises that their unions negotiate. Profiting and taking the benefits that others have made sacrifices for, in my mind you can't get much lower.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here