Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Pub deal breakers (what can you not tolerate in a boozer?).

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I agree about smokers making gardens no go areas, but having to stay inside is a small price to pay for being able to go for a pint without going home STINKING of smoke.

Indeed...

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Here's one that winds me up beyond belief:

There's about three of you at the bar all waiting to be served and some
to$$er bar staff who has been doing something utterly pointless like moving the
bottles around a cabinet turns round and says: "right who's next?"

Stop pissing around and use your fU**ing eyes you moron.

I walked up to the bar once in the Sussex Cricketeer at the same time as Kenny Dalglish. I was served first...you can picture the look of disgust on his face

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
DJs - I love music, but not in a pub where it's too loud to have a conversation. If you want to dance, go to a club!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Pubs that only operate a table service then don't pay attention when you are looking for another drink.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Inspired by the worst pubs polls: What if you see it or experience it in a pub makes you leave and swear off that pub?

For me it's rude, inattentive bar staff. I have walked out of the Open House several times for that very reason. You?

Why did you go back??

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Why did you go back??

I asked myself the same question each time. Mainly because when my mates started having kids it seemed to be the place they went to for birthdays etc for a couple of years plus I had some friends in plays at the theatre above who I wanted to support. Not been there for a couple of years now though.

seagurl

Mar 21, 2012
Pubs that sell barista coffee. You have to wait half an hour to get a pint while the person in front of you orders a crappaccino, a frappaccino and a double de-caf caf decaffinated with a mocha twist! Go to bloody Starbucks!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
All good points. Overly elaborate pub menus where the chef thinks he's in some 5 * restaurant. What's the matter with a nicely made cottage pie and solid chips?

I totally agree. The pub at the bottom of Cliffe High Street used to be good for a jacket spud or a quick snack for lunch but has gone all "upmarket" and the menu isn't the sort of lunch I want to eat. That nice pub at Handcross went the same way. Just stop going to places like that.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
Women who pretend to like rugby and moan constantly whilst football is on

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here