Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Pub beer prices, what are you paying ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
£3.20 for a Guinness and all single spirits are a double in the place across the road from me 😜
E2C418D0-CAD9-4A57-B282-7C2D3E73D170.jpeg

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Local working mans club £3.90 for Guinness though a 12% rise coming in . My local town anything from £5.80 to £7.50.

Jimmy Grimble

William The Forth in Brighton were charging over £7 a pint for some of their fancy pale ales recently.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Dont go to pubs a lot due to family life but visited Brighton last month for the 1st time in 7 years. Bought a pint of doombar in spoons for £2.50 then my son bought me a pint of the same at one of the pubs on the corner near the Dome £5 ........

My local does a pint for about £4 but its Pedigree ale hence why i dont visit often and its a Marstons pub. If i walk out to a proper pub on the canal its £5 a pint but local brew. Worth the walk !

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
William The Forth in Brighton were charging over £7 a pint for some of their fancy pale ales recently.
Costs are out of control for small breweries - raw material, utilities, delivery fees etc. no surprise

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Costs are out of control for small breweries - raw material, utilities, delivery fees etc. no surprise
was thinking about this, bottles of Longman in supermarkets gone up only 10p. combination of additional labour, energy, and recouping from covid have pushed prices in the pubs.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I live in a small town in West Berkshire, we have 6 pubs and it's at least £6 for a pint of standard lager in all of them. My local now charges £7 for a Moretti, which is just ridiculous. One does Asahi on draft and it's £7.30 or something silly. We don't even have a Spoons... I work in London and pay the same there in the City, sometimes less.

Flagship

Jan 15, 2018
Brighton
In our Spoons in Shropshire, Green King IPA is £1.71p and .Carling is £ 2.27.
In my local, which is the dearest of 26 pubs in town, real ales go from £3.10 to £3.40 , Carling 3.50. All the other pubs are cheaper. A pint of Worthington and a medium Pino Grigio in The Boars Head will set you back £5.40.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The Ships best price is £4.70 for a pint of Carlsberg, for big events that is reduced to a special offer of £4.50.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
What is the difference between Fosters beer and a clitoris?

A clitoris only tastes like piss for a second.
Most blokes will invest more time & effort to find a pint of Fosters?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Keg beer is starting to get very out of hand and certain pubs and pub chains are taking the piss. Sheps being one....a pint of Neck Oil in the Sheps pub in Crowborough is £6.70. There is no reason to be charging that much especially for mass produced jollop like that. My local in Tunbridge Wells sell it's big brother Gamma Ray for £5.80 so it can be done. Harveys also take the piss Guinness is £6.20 in the pub down the road. Even their cask stuff has crept over £5 a pint.

Worst offender I've found recently was Craft Beer Co in Covent Garden. Most keg pints were over £7. Abyss Hank Marvin was £8.40 and they had an imperial stout which was over £16!

Very happy my local sells cask Gun Zamzama for £4.80 at the moment (is about to go up) especially when it's £5.95 at the brewery tap (work that one out!).

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I don't go out much anymore due to young kids so usually only have a pint or two and I've honestly stopped paying attention to the prices, just tap my card and hope for the best. I'd say most places in Central Hove are around £6-7 a pint now though, maybe cheaper if going for mainstream larger like Estrella or Kronie. I usually go for a Neck Oil or Camden Pale

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here