Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Psycho in BMW (Reg. T1 BUB) @ Withdean After Game - Needs Done For Reckless Driving

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
If it's a guy called richard that would of been a complete waste of your time, from my previous experience he was very good and talking but no action. Pretty much the same experience that i've received from most of the club, arse from elbow... (disclaimer.- excluding ticket office & club shop who do a FANTASTIC job).

It was Richard Hebbard. First time I've phoned to report anything and the bloke came across as very helpful, fully aware of all the details of the incident and certainly didn't sound like he was trying to fob me off. I only have that to go on.

There's not a lot I can do now beyond what I & several others have already done in reporting it. As I say, I'm not really one to go running to the authorities in anything, but this incident really wound me up because I had one of my kids with me and there were loads of other kids there too.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Would that have been Richard Hebbard?

Yes.

Let's hope the club & Sussex Police can get something done about it to stop this happening again.

That's enough from me on this now anyway. Done my bit.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Bloody hell, what a thread! Jesus, no wonder our Police have no time to solve more serious crimes that have actually happened if they have to deal with all these 'what if crimes'. Let it go and relax. :smokin:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Bloody hell, what a thread! Jesus, no wonder our Police have no time to solve more serious crimes that have actually happened if they have to deal with all these 'what if crimes'. Let it go and relax. :smokin:

I want you in charge of the police! That way, I can go out in my car and act like a complete knob for no reason, and get away with it! Can't wait!:thumbsup:

jay

Feb 16, 2009
I want you in charge of the police! That way, I can go out in my car and act like a complete knob for no reason, and get away with it! Can't wait!:thumbsup:

And people wonder why the country is in the mess it is in.

jay

Feb 16, 2009
Spoke to the operations manager about the incident and the stewarding. He was very helpful and assured me the incident was reported immediately by the stewards in Tongdean La and that the club and Sussex Police are looking into it. :clap:

He also explained that the barrier at the bottom of the Lane was moved hastily as the stewards felt the driver would not have stopped for the barrier anyway. Now I've calmed down I can totally understand that view and so I apologise for criticising the stewards involved when I posted earlier. Apparently there were stewards at the flats where the car came out of but they were unable to stop the car after speaking to the driver.

Seems the stewards did all they could in this case and so fair play to them.

As I said I have had dealing with the bottom of Tongdean Lane, and yes I have been held at the Barrier.

Those that where there saturday would have also noticed they held a white van for sometime at the barrier, as it was to busy to allow them access. This is probably the worse place to be working, as you have traffic from all directions, and you have public asking questions and on top of that you have to make serious judgement calls. As part of the grounds conditions residents in the flat either side HAVE to be given access. And on top of all that you have to keep yourself, colleagues and fans safe. Not Easy to keep fans and residents happy.

I witnessed the abuse the stewards got on saturday from Fans, comments like do your job etc etc... It easy to say sorry on here, but we have to remember without the stewards, who as I have said do a thankless job, we would not have matches at the ground.

I would say to anyone on here who got shitty with the stewards on saturday to go and speak to them. I am sure they'd appreciate it!!

It would seem that the stewards in this situation did all they could have done.. If a driver isn't going to stop, he ain't gonna stop... And its already be stated on here, that he drove into the barrier.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I apologise for criticising the stewards involved when I posted earlier. Apparently there were stewards at the flats where the car came out of but they were unable to stop the car after speaking to the driver.

Seems the stewards did all they could in this case and so fair play to them.

Seconded. My apologies to the stewards also.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Re: the replies to my earlier comment, the point I'm making is you probably were incensed and had every right to be. But that happens daily on the roads and really, our emergency services are stretched enough already without having to entertain 'what if crimes'. Do you know how much paperwork your p'work will cause and the associated time and costs?

Just put it down to the guy being a nob and fortunately nothing serious happened. But calm down dears, let the anger pass......(and breath). :thumbsup:

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Re: the replies to my earlier comment, the point I'm making is you probably were incensed and had every right to be. But that happens daily on the roads and really, our emergency services are stretched enough already without having to entertain 'what if crimes'. Do you know how much paperwork your p'work will cause and the associated time and costs?

Just put it down to the guy being a nob and fortunately nothing serious happened. But calm down dears, let the anger pass......(and breath). :thumbsup:
So we should let this fella get away with it until he actually hits someone then? Sounds like pure luck that someone wan't hurt on Saturday, do you want to trust to luck again. Perhaps a knock on his front door from the old bill might sharpen him up a bit and think twice next time he wants to act like that.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

This time it was a mere barrier, could be somebody next time, guy should get a nice long ban.

jay

Feb 16, 2009
So we should let this fella get away with it until he actually hits someone then? Sounds like pure luck that someone wan't hurt on Saturday, do you want to trust to luck again. Perhaps a knock on his front door from the old bill might sharpen him up a bit and think twice next time he wants to act like that.

Totally.... but everyones vent was towards stewards at the bottom of tongdean lane.. who really were powerless to do anything but let the idiot out..

As I have said... speak to them, they are nice people and will not bite.. say you bit.... or apologize if you was the ones that shouted crap at them..

jay

Feb 16, 2009
NB unless you have a call allowance with a BT landline, 0845 numbers are charged at a premium, unlike 0800 ones.

08456070999 01243843496

Is what i have...

0845 is a local call.... but it a call that will route you to your local police regardless of your area...

jay

Feb 16, 2009

I think people understand your views and point.. the issue is if people had ben hurt in this incident.. then EMS would have been more busier.. as london road, flats, everyone there would have been held for statements etc.

Which would have causes more issues than we could care for....

What people are saying is this idiot could have killed people.. and the way you come across is that would be okay.....

YOU HAVE TO THINK.. WHAT IS THAT WAS MY WIFE/HUSBAND KID/GRANDKID.. BE IT A DRIVER AS IN THIS CASE OR A DRUNK DRIVER.. THAT KILL A FAMILY MEMBER.. WOULD YOU STILL SAY "OH WELL"... I THINK NOT.!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here