Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ps3 Games

Seagull Stew

Is the correct answer. I am currently 130 gameplay hours in; I've had it for coming up for a year now.

Pretty much the same here. In fact, I don't have time to play anything else! I'm not sure how this game ever ends, although I am about to do battle with the king dragon, so don't know how much further the game can go on if I defeat him!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'm not sure how this game ever ends, although I am about to do battle with the king dragon, so don't know how much further the game can go on if I defeat him!

You can play forever even after the main game is finished - it randomly generates sidequests to do but I imagine after a while that would get a bit tedious

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Portal 2!

Great game - played it quite recently. Not especially long, and a chunk in the middle seems a bit out of place but other than that it's excellent. It also made me literally laugh out loud a few times

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
You can play forever even after the main game is finished - it randomly generates sidequests to do but I imagine after a while that would get a bit tedious

Or download the add-on Dawnguard - a whole new 'main' quest-line to work through within your existing saved game. Though yes there are millions of quests anyway. Have you gone through the Companions, Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild & College of Winterhold quest-lines?

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If you want something that will suck you into the story and not let go of you until the end, I recommend Heavy Rain. It's not as much of a game in the classic sense (arguably more of an interactive movie than anything else), but as an experience it is immense - I couldn't put it down from the moment I started it

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I've just registered for playstation plus for a year(£29.99) and have downloaded Borderlands, Red Dead Redemption, just cause 2 and Saints Row 2 all for absolutely nothing - bargain!!!

shaolinpunk

Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I've just registered for playstation plus for a year(£29.99) and have downloaded Borderlands, Red Dead Redemption, just cause 2 and Saints Row 2 all for absolutely nothing - bargain!!!

Borderlands and RDR are worth the money alone - two great games.

Strangely I loved Borderlands yet I can't be bothered to get the sequel. I'll just rent it from Lovefilm

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Borderlands and RDR are worth the money alone - two great games.

Strangely I loved Borderlands yet I can't be bothered to get the sequel. I'll just rent it from Lovefilm

I was like that with Fallout 3 (imho the greatest PS3 game ever!) and Fallout New Vegas - Thought the first one was one of the most atmospheric games I'd ever played and I'm still playing it after 2 years.

I'm loving Borderlands at the moment, not like anything I've ever played before - although it does remind me slightly of Star Wars Galaxies!

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011

This. Bear in mind you don't have to immediately download everything that they offer for free, you can just complete the "checkout" process and then download it from your account history once you have room on your hard disk. PS+ is obscenely good value. Is Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath still up for free? If so, everyone should give it a try, absolutely brilliant game.

Also, I noticed Skyrim got a mention. I'd avoid that one personally, unless you don't mind knowing you're playing a permanently gimped and broken version (get it on the 360 or PC if you can, it's a terrific game, just badly broken on the PS3). It's so broken that they're not actually releasing the DLC because they haven't found a way to get it working without making the game unplayable (it's something to do with the split RAM I mentioned in another thread, I believe).

If you fancy something a bit different, the Ico/ Shadow of the Colossus double-pack gives an HD lick of paint to the PS2's two best games. They're not to everyone's taste though, might be worth doing a bit of research if your tastes are more mainstream, but they're both those rare sort of entertainment which stays with you forever.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Top games I've played so far, burnout paradise (easily the best racing game on ps3) driver San Francisco, NFS hot pursuit, final fantasy XIII-2, kingdoms of amalur: the reckoning, darksiders, eternal sonata, Infamous, infamous 2, Rage, Heavy rain, Saints row the third, batman: arkham asylum, Mini ninjas, LA noire, Dead space, Sly cooper trilogy, Resident evil 5, Any ratchet and clank game.......I'll be getting darksiders 2 Friday and then NFS most wanted 2 and beyond: two souls as soon as they're released.

21 platinum trophies so far, more once I get the Internet at home :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here