Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Proud to be gay

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
From my limited knowledge, examples:
Any evangelical basically.
CCK. Church of christ the King, which has 4 other sites across the city.
Also the Calvary one near preston circus.
I'm assuming that now St Peters is evangelical that will be too, i've heard a large congregation goes there now.
I think my local vicar is against homosexuality although as i quite like him i won't name him or his church, and i wouldn't say he openly preaches it.

I havn't been to a catholic mass for a fair number of years but any modern charismatic catholics would tend to go by the bible, and 'say' it is evil, and perhaps the old school ones even more so.

The above refers to churches and christians within our city.

To answer a different point about 'most' christians. 'Most' christians don't live in a liberal country like ours, in fact a huge amount live in the third world where they havn't been exposed to as much education and different view points.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
I don't know about "most" Christians. There's all sorts of crazy shit in the Old Testament and most of it is ignored.

Quite right, i think 'most' of it is ignored by 'most' christians in this country.
But 'most' christians over all - i'm not so sure. But, it's impossible to quantify, and although i reckon it is over 50% - i'm pulling that number out of my arse and i can't back it up in any way. Hence me putting the 'marks' around 'most'.

However there are churches that take all of the bible to be literally true. We're very 'lucky' to have the headquarters of one of these churches in Brighton. It's thriving and expanding at quite a rate, i believe they have over 400 churches now, and are growing all the time. CCK.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Most Christians I have known have been very tolerant, kind people who would not particularly care about another persons sexual preferences.

As mentioned above, that is Christians in England. Christians in Africa for example take a very different view on homosexuality.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Going against type a but here but something about this chap rubs me up the wrong way.

He just seems like a bit of a **** looking for free publicity.

I've been aware of this guy for a long time as his first business venture was a photography gallery very close to where I used to live in London in the 90s. I used to go in virtually every month as the vast majority of exhibitions were music related and/or rock photography and covered all manner of genres from the DC hardcore scene to jazz. He grew and grew and his mini-empire now involves live music and other entertainment. I think he even owned the ballroom thing in Kemp Town for a while. A cock, probably, but I do not think he is looking for free publicity as he is and has been quite successful for a number of years now.

I'll always be a bit defensive towards him due to the excellent gallery I enjoyed for so many years.

Oct 25, 2003
Quite right, i think 'most' of it is ignored by 'most' christians in this country.
But 'most' christians over all - i'm not so sure. But, it's impossible to quantify, and although i reckon it is over 50% - i'm pulling that number out of my arse and i can't back it up in any way. Hence me putting the 'marks' around 'most'.

However there are churches that take all of the bible to be literally true. We're very 'lucky' to have the headquarters of one of these churches in Brighton. It's thriving and expanding at quite a rate, i believe they have over 400 churches now, and are growing all the time. CCK.

it may have been a throwaway comment, but as a member of st peters i can say with certainty that they don't preach that 'gay is evil'...also i know several members of cck (including a poster on here) who would disagree with your opinion of that church

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
That makes sense, he owned it when it was Proud Cabaret. I'm probably having a little bit of an irrational reaction but there's something about his manner I just don't like.

I think he even owned the ballroom thing in Kemp Town for a while.

Awful venue for live music, it ruined about 3 gigs for me before I swore I'd never go back. I remember seeing Antlers there just after Hospice had come out and I was nearly crying with frustration at the awful sound. Though I'm fairly sure that was under the previous regime as Hanbury Ballrooms.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I know I'd want to know if it was a gay run venue. You can catch Aids from Vol-au-vents you know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here