Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Protesters

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton
Just seen on South-East today, that they were protesting outside the insinerator in Newhaven. It annoys me when they interview people who think they have been victimised when in fact somebody else would have just got it anyway! I dislike them in general always moaning!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Just seen on South-East today, that they were protesting outside the insinerator in Newhaven. It annoys me when they interview people who think they have been victimised when in fact somebody else would have just got it anyway! I dislike them in general always moaning!

The incinerator is, in fairness, slap bang in the middle of the town.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
To be fair, it had to be built somewhere and they picked one of the less charming places.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I am not against incineration, much more preferable to landfill. However the Newhaven one sticks out like a sore thumb. It is completely out of scale with the area and why did it have to be made of bright shiny silver metal? Perhaps green cladding would have made it less intrusive. There is one on the rail line just before London Bridge and that fits in OK as its an industrial area. Given that over 50% of the waste is from Brighton the building could be in the city rather like the Shoreham Power station.

I do feel very sorry for Newhaven. Nothing seems to go right for the town. East Sussex County Council seem to delight in mucking up the place. The road system killed the town centre. The harbour area has been allowed to run down. Lewes District Council always talks up great plans for Newhaven but nothing seems to happen. Could you imagine approval for the incinerator anywhere near Lewes? Of course not. That's where the power lies so Newhaven will continue its downward decline.

Last edited:

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham

It's funny because I'm sure they have loads of respect for you and people like you.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Well to be honest you can't polish a turd

Self righteous one aren't you?

How would you feel if you had an incinerator dumped on your doorstep?

As you have a dislike for "people always moaning" I would ask if you went on any of the marches to get falmer but after a peek at your profile I guess not......

And I'd expect a student to be able to spell incinerator properly.

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Just out of interest. Did you start this thread because you have a genuine dislike of the protestors? ........ or a chance to have a pop at Newhaven? Did you have a bad experience there once?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

i lived about 500yds from the one in by Millwall and didnt bother me. Newhaven is an industrial port town, so it seems fitting it should have some industry. instead of protesting over this, energy would be better spent getting somthing done about the shithouse town centre. noone thinks like this, a bit of quid pro quo, accept a bit of "bad" development to get some good development. instead theres always a protest group against everything.

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton

As you have a dislike for "people always moaning" I would ask if you went on any of the marches to get falmer but after a peek at your profile I guess not......

And I'd expect a student to be able to spell incinerator properly.

I have one down the road from me! I dislike protestors that cause disruption and ones that still protest when nothing will happen because of it and I was about 4 or 5 when our protests were happening

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton
Just out of interest. Did you start this thread because you have a genuine dislike of the protestors? ........ or a chance to have a pop at Newhaven? Did you have a bad experience there once?

I don't dislike all protestors I just dislike the ones that still protest after all is done and nothing will be changed

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
i lived about 500yds from the one in by Millwall and didnt bother me. Newhaven is an industrial port town, so it seems fitting it should have some industry. instead of protesting over this, energy would be better spent getting somthing done about the shithouse town centre. noone thinks like this, a bit of quid pro quo, accept a bit of "bad" development to get some good development. instead theres always a protest group against everything.

The thing is that there is no "good development" since the regeneration of the Parker pen site has fallen through so it appears that with the town centre continually having less and less in it, that most people I have spoken to are a bit annoyed that all we have is some eyesore processing everyone else's rubbish. Also since when has burning rubbish been classed as industry?

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I have one down the road from me! I dislike protestors that cause disruption and ones that still protest when nothing will happen because of it and I was about 4 or 5 when our protests were happening

So you missed the point that NOBODY in newhaven or Denton wanted it, and that today was the official opening? You're right that nothing can be done about it now but that hasn't and won't stop 99% of the town being pissed that it has been dumped here.

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton
So you missed the point that NOBODY in newhaven or Denton wanted it, and that today was the official opening? You're right that nothing can be done about it now but that hasn't and won't stop 99% of the town being pissed that it has been dumped here.

But it's a waste of time to protest against it now. I admit my polish a turd comment was harsh, I apologise for that.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
But it's a waste of time to protest against it now. I admit my polish a turd comment was harsh, I apologise for that.

Apology accepted :thumbsup:

It may seem a waste of time to you, but this would have been the last chance to express just how much bad feeling there is towards the incinerator for the locals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here