Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Protein powder sellers in Brighton

Crackpot

Jun 4, 2011
Upper North Street
May I ask why you need to increase protein intake?

Yep....I need to lose about 15 kilos after a few months of excess,so am on a mostly vegetarian diet which traditionally works for me. Adding extra calories isn't the answer,and my protein intake doesn't seem enough so I thought a few gulps of protein powder would improve my balanced intake without adding to the waistline. My metabolism seems to have changed and shedding excess kilos is becoming harder as my body now prefers to store fat rather than burn it at the rate it used to.

I also seem to struggle after lifting heavy objects,or reasonably heavy objects for prolonged periods,with muscle ache for a few days after. My daughter,who is a professional dancer and uses protein supplements,suggested I should consider adding it to my diet as it helps in the repair of muscle.

So,its not for body building or adding mass to gain weight or muscle,and not for replacing a meal to lose weight but rather to support my weight loss vegetarian diet by slipping some proteins in that will help with muscle recovery and give me an overall better balanced dietry intake.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Yep....I need to lose about 15 kilos after a few months of excess,so am on a mostly vegetarian diet which traditionally works for me. Adding extra calories isn't the answer,and my protein intake doesn't seem enough so I thought a few gulps of protein powder would improve my balanced intake without adding to the waistline. My metabolism seems to have changed and shedding excess kilos is becoming harder as my body now prefers to store fat rather than burn it at the rate it used to.

I also seem to struggle after lifting heavy objects,or reasonably heavy objects for prolonged periods,with muscle ache for a few days after. My daughter,who is a professional dancer and uses protein supplements,suggested I should consider adding it to my diet as it helps in the repair of muscle.

So,its not for body building or adding mass to gain weight or muscle,and not for replacing a meal to lose weight but rather to support my weight loss vegetarian diet by slipping some proteins in that will help with muscle recovery and give me an overall better balanced dietry intake.

Muscle repair is facilitated far more by decent sleep, stretching and drinking enough water. Alcohol inhibits repair so you will to knock that on the head.

I've been going to the gym for a good few years now, I've noticed the increased numbers of protein shakes etc on the market and for 99% of the population they are largely pointless. A trainer once told me that they are good for making your p**s more expensive. Unless you are on a tough bodybuilding or fitness regime you don't need them as you'll get more than enough protein in your normal diet*. I remember reading an article which had a low fat chocolate milkshake as beneficial as most recovery drinks you can get.

It's become more bizarre to see, towards the end of my playing days I remember our overweight keeper having one of these at half time. After the game it was a pint and basket of chips. Bizarre. Giving up alcohol is often a good measure, if you aren't willing to go dry for a while then you don't need a protein shake.

good luck and I hope you shift the pounds

*broccoli, nuts, cottage cheese, yoghurt etc all have loads of protein in them

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
bulkpowders. Very good prices, excellent flavours and not full of crap. Every batch of the Pro stuff is lab tested too certify for professional sports.

They also have different types. I e Whey for quick release protein after a work out, but also a blend of protein ideal for mid morning / afternoon. Important to understand what you want to achieve and get the right stuff to do so

They also regularly run 20% off across the site. I do have referral link that gives you £5 off first order I think

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea

Don't waste your money.

Protein shakes aren't going to help your weight loss or muscle fatigue.

Weight loss is all about using more calories than you digest.

Most effective techniques will be -

Only eat 3 square meals, no snacking
Only drink water, fruit juices or smoothies. No fizzy drinks, even diet, if anything they're worse.
Clean eat and prepare your own meals. I even suggest going gluten free, it will certainly force you to eat clean! Also lots of evidence gluten is addictive and causes you to eat more.
Also you can try reducing your eating window eg only eat between 8 and 5 for example.

For muscle pain -

Stretching
Mobility exercises
Massage
Self massage
Hydration
Glucosamine
Fish oil
Magnesium
Calcium
Vitamin D

Hope that helps!

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Thanks for that.....I checked the Dolphin prices and they are very competitive...in fact,the best I've seen!

Example.....just popped into Holland and Barrett as its three minutes from where I live.....a 900g tub of Optima Gold Standard is either £44 or £33 if they have a 25% discount sticker on the flavour....whereas Dolphin sell exactly the same tub for £23.....and all flavours too whereas H&B are only discounting some flavours.

I could pay the extra tenner....but seeing as I'm against price exploitation I'll put an online order in from Dolphin and wait a couple of weeks til I can take delivery.

No probs mate. The delivery might even be free to? I used buy over the counter from them. I need to place an order soon, but the last I heard they had apparently moved. I stopped taking supplements for a while, to give my body a rest, but I want to get back on them again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here