Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Prostate Cancer

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
I've been on Tamsulosin long release capsules for about 4 years, but my pharmacy (morrisons) has said they can no longer source these. My latest prescription is still Tamsulosin but instead of capsules I now have prolonged release tablets.
I was wondering if anyone else had the same issue, and if so had they noticed any difference?

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
This is the pack;
20230712_073321.jpg

Jul 7, 2003
Bookings now open for testing in Worthing on 2nd September

Newcastle game doesn't kick off until 5:30pm so won't impact on you getting to the game after if you want to get a test.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Really with you on this, matey. You'll be fine.
I was on the hormone treatment before they changed their mind to remove it.
It made me a bit tired but that's not so bad.
If you want to chat to any of us, I'm sure a quick pm will sort that.....take care.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Sake. I'm on another UTI. Something ain't right down there.
I had 3 UTI's in 2 years and it was while the doctor was looking into why that she gave me a routine PSA test. the result, 6.4 she said was nothing to worry about, they don't get excited until it is in double figures. The digital test, aka finger up the bum was also negative, the cancer was round the other side. Luckily my doctor checked any score over 4 and not only did I have prostate cancer but it had already spread to the nerve bundle around the prostate. No health proffesional said there was any relationship between the UTI's and the cancer although I have not had any more UTI's since even though my uretha is obviously shorter now.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I had 3 UTI's in 2 years and it was while the doctor was looking into why that she gave me a routine PSA test. the result, 6.4 she said was nothing to worry about, they don't get excited until it is in double figures. The digital test, aka finger up the bum was also negative, the cancer was round the other side. Luckily my doctor checked any score over 4 and not only did I have prostate cancer but it had already spread to the nerve bundle around the prostate. No health proffesional said there was any relationship between the UTI's and the cancer although I have not had any more UTI's since even though my uretha is obviously shorter now.
The doctor telling you they don't do anything until double figures is wrong afraid.
Mine was 9.58!
Hope you feel OK.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The doctor telling you they don't do anything until double figures is wrong afraid.
Mine was 9.58!
Hope you feel OK.
mine was only 5.6 but had risen rapidly ......my prostate was 40 % tumour , thankfully my gp saved me from a shitty , painful death ..... my gleason rating was 8-10 , aggressive and my option was immediate surgery or radiation but if the radiation failed i was foobarred.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
mine was only 5.6 but had risen rapidly ......my prostate was 40 % tumour , thankfully my gp saved me from a shitty , painful death ..... my gleason rating was 8-10 , aggressive and my option was immediate surgery or radiation but if the radiation failed i was foobarred.
Thankfully you're here to tell your story :)

On a lighter note, my nephew flies out on Nov 23rd, still nothing arranged :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here