Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Prostate Cancer

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
A bit off topic but I had my Aorta scanned this week as it's part of the NHS plan to scan everyone in their 65th year.
Ten minutes in and out of the room.
Happy to report I'm still fit and healthy

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I had that done down here in Truro earlier this year. All systems functioning within normal parameters.

And the lovely lady with the gel and scanner turned out to be a Seagulls fan!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
You'll see from my earlier posts on this thread that I was on a "watching brief", late last year they spotted the cancer had become aggressive and I needed to discuss next steps with them. Luckily "get rid of the whole prostrate" was an option and one I chose. The whole operation carried out by a robot and a success. Yes there are some temporary complications post Op but things return to normal. PLEASE if you experience and peeing difficulties or any of the other complications you read about in the numerous Prostrate Ads GET CHECKED OUT, if I hadn't things would've have been much worse now or I may not have been here PLEASE GET CHECKED, it takes 5 minutes!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
A bit off topic but I had my Aorta scanned this week as it's part of the NHS plan to scan everyone in their 65th year.
Ten minutes in and out of the room.
Happy to report I'm still fit and healthy

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk[/If
I don’t wish to scare you but, I had my scan 9 years ago when I was 65 and all was fine. Had a scan on my stomach area 2 years ago for another reason and it showed I had an abdominal aortic aneurysm. Now being scanned every three months to track growth of said aneurysm. It has grown in the 2 years since and the surgeon reckons I will probably have to have it sorted, hopefully by endovascular surgery,in the next year or two.
Apologies to OP for going off piste.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You'll see from my earlier posts on this thread that I was on a "watching brief", late last year they spotted the cancer had become aggressive and I needed to discuss next steps with them. Luckily "get rid of the whole prostrate" was an option and one I chose. The whole operation carried out by a robot and a success. Yes there are some temporary complications post Op but things return to normal. PLEASE if you experience and peeing difficulties or any of the other complications you read about in the numerous Prostrate Ads GET CHECKED OUT, if I hadn't things would've have been much worse now or I may not have been here PLEASE GET CHECKED, it takes 5 minutes!

Glad you got it sorted :thumbsup:

Oh, and, sorry but I have to do this:

*cough* prostate *cough*

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I had an ultra scan on my bladder and digit up the rear end on Tuesday to check the prostrate after experiencing frequent overnight trips to the loo.
Pleased to say doctor said the prostrate is small, so I assume that is good news.
Having to return for the camera inserted down the willy to have a look at the bladder.
Looking forward to that like dose of the pox, but hey-ho, all in a good cause.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Thread derailing time, though I Blame Others.

In the stakes of the worst loos in the united Kingdom, excluding the South Stand bogs at the Goldstone.....did any of you ever take a walk on the wild side down the Clock Tower gents in the early 1970s?

Christ.

The floor through out was ankle deep in piss with an occasional island of discarded bog roll. The place was patrolled by an aged, noisy, foul, drunken and aggressive, leering, predatory paedophile, whose ability to chase behind me, a 12 year old boy, and run me into into a vacant cubicle with his arms outstretched, was circumvented only by his alcohol- (probably meths-) induced neurodegeneration.

There was not a square inch of the bog seat that wasn't smeared with shit.

The walls were carved with lurid invitations to indulge in onanism, complete with telephone numbers and even addresses.

Even taking a jimmy was a hazard, with a splash-back almost guaranteed to infect you with ghonorrhea, seborrhea, dermatitis, gingivitis and St Vitus Dance.

This, my friends, was the fate that awaited you if you were caught short after a too-lengthy sojourn in the bowels of Virgin Records, thumbing through esoteric vinyl by the likes of The Fugs, Caravan, Atomic Rooster, Van der Graaf Generator, Jefferson Airplane and The Doors.

A friend of mine related a story from the early 70’s when travelling back to his student digs. He was desperate for a pee and parked near the Clocktower conveniences, raced down the stairs only to be greeted by someone opening a cubicle door with a “Well hello there” Needless to say he went back up the stairs faster than he came down them.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
This has been a great thread to read.
I recently had a blood test, which resulted in a high reading on PSA levels, together with blood found in a stool sample.
Now waiting for MRI and CT scan dates.
A whole load of emotions going through my head.
Just trying stay positive :)

Good luck mate. My Grandad died of prostate cancer (mums side) and my dad had it 2 years ago at 60. I hate saying this as all cancer is f ing awful but it is one of the better ones to get. I was told you can get a high PSA from non cancer stuff aswell.

Be poitve and even if it is the C it is likely very treatable.

I have a real anxiety about Cancer and i can thoroughly recommend this book 'https://www.wob.com/en-gb/books/david-servan-schreiber/anticancer/9780718154295?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_PeK9bmr-gIViJftCh1PWwaVEAQYAiABEgKX2vD_BwE#GOR002412010'. It is written by a scientist with proper studies. It gives you great dietary detail that will really uplift you reading it. It made me almost feel like i could control ever getting this awful disease.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Great news. Are you completely out of the woods now with C?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I had an ultra scan on my bladder and digit up the rear end on Tuesday to check the prostrate after experiencing frequent overnight trips to the loo.
Pleased to say doctor said the prostrate is small, so I assume that is good news.
Having to return for the camera inserted down the willy to have a look at the bladder.
Looking forward to that like dose of the pox, but hey-ho, all in a good cause.

Been lurking a while on this and other threads.

Just to say I had the camera down to the bladder and it's actually no big deal. In my case the news was about as bad as it could be and was diagnosed with metastatic bladder cancer.

That was 11 months ago but still here, still fighting and doing my bit to try and raise awareness and also fund raise for a condition that's nigh in impossible to detect until too late and gets very little airtime.

I'm sure you'll be OK, but for anyone else if you see any evidence of blood in your pee go get it checked out as soon as.

In the meantime I'm back at the Amex, although in vastly crappier seats in ESL having given mine up last season. At least they went to a good home and hope [MENTION=13265]Super Steve Earle[/MENTION] is enjoying them

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Just to say I had the camera down to the bladder and it's actually no big deal. In my case the news was about as bad as it could be and was diagnosed with metastatic bladder cancer.

That was 11 months ago but still here, still fighting and doing my bit to try and raise awareness and also fund raise for a condition that's nigh in impossible to detect until too late and gets very little airtime.

I'm sure you'll be OK, but for anyone else if you see any evidence of blood in your pee go get it checked out as soon as.

In the meantime I'm back at the Amex, although in vastly crappier seats in ESL having given mine up last season. At least they went to a good home and hope [MENTION=13265]Super Steve Earle[/MENTION] is enjoying them

So sorry to hear of your battle. Keep at it. Yes thanks, getting used to the tickets now. Whole different perspective from my old seats, but felt more at home for the Leicester game and what a game. The new seat buddies have all introduced themselves and I have a mate sitting nearby. Thanks again for changeover.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Good luck mate. My Grandad died of prostate cancer (mums side) and my dad had it 2 years ago at 60. I hate saying this as all cancer is f ing awful but it is one of the better ones to get. I was told you can get a high PSA from non cancer stuff aswell.

Be poitve and even if it is the C it is likely very treatable.

I have a real anxiety about Cancer and i can thoroughly recommend this book 'https://www.wob.com/en-gb/books/david-servan-schreiber/anticancer/9780718154295?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_PeK9bmr-gIViJftCh1PWwaVEAQYAiABEgKX2vD_BwE#GOR002412010'. It is written by a scientist with proper studies. It gives you great dietary detail that will really uplift you reading it. It made me almost feel like i could control ever getting this awful disease.

Thank you appreciated:thumbsup:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
So sorry to hear of your battle. Keep at it. Yes thanks, getting used to the tickets now. Whole different perspective from my old seats, but felt more at home for the Leicester game and what a game. The new seat buddies have all introduced themselves and I have a mate sitting nearby. Thanks again for changeover.

Cheers and glad they are working out. The fella to your right Trevor is a decent fella and good to chat to. I'm not to thrilled with our new seats but all the time we are winning I can deal with it :thumbsup:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

Thanks for the reply, eased my fears/thoughts a bit.
Sorry to hear of your predicament, keep on fighting and trying to be positive, lets hope it is curable, good luck.
From my perspective, there hasnt been any blood in my pee, just the frequency of the need to go.
I suffer from COPD and had a chest infection in March, coupled with a urine infection, putting the two together caused me to get Sepsis and I was blue and two 'ed to Eastbourne DGH. Back home three days later but since then, up three times a night.
Anyway, thats nothing compared to what you have, I wish you loads of good luck in your battle.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008

Sending every best wish to you, I had extensive tests, DRE, MRI, biopsy etc. but just could not tolerate the Cystoscopy, the Hasselblad insertion was just too painful. Fortunately I've been given the all clear, but annual testing now which is a reassurance. Keep fighting!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Thanks for the reply, eased my fears/thoughts a bit.
Sorry to hear of your predicament, keep on fighting and trying to be positive, lets hope it is curable, good luck.
From my perspective, there hasnt been any blood in my pee, just the frequency of the need to go.
I suffer from COPD and had a chest infection in March, coupled with a urine infection, putting the two together caused me to get Sepsis and I was blue and two 'ed to Eastbourne DGH. Back home three days later but since then, up three times a night.
Anyway, thats nothing compared to what you have, I wish you loads of good luck in your battle.

That sounds horrid and hopefully they don't find anything untoward.

Sending every best wish to you, I had extensive tests, DRE, MRI, biopsy etc. but just could not tolerate the Cystoscopy, the Hasselblad insertion was just too painful. Fortunately I've been given the all clear, but annual testing now which is a reassurance. Keep fighting!

I didn't know what was being planned, by the time I realised what they were doing it was over so perhaps that helped. Annual testing is reassuring and pity that it can't be extended to more potential conditions, a function of cost I guess.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Great news. Are you completely out of the woods now with C?

Yes mate, thank you. PSA is still evident, but only 0.02, which is fine I'm told, but still having regular PSA blood test, just in case

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here