Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Propper?

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
As it looks like Alzate is out in the cold for some bizarre reason, if Propper coming back means White goes back to playing centre back and we actually start with two natural central midfielders, then this is great news.

Propper shouldn’t be getting picked ahead of Alzate imo, as you say bizarre why Alzate not getting a look in- I can see him wanting to leave or at least go out on loan to get some decent game time

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Propper shouldn’t be getting picked ahead of Alzate imo, as you say bizarre why Alzate not getting a look in- I can see him wanting to leave or at least go out on loan to get some decent game time

I'm with you in that I would be starting Alzate for sure but if for whatever reason he continues to be left out, I would much rather Propper played in midfield than White.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Think there is a bit of a blind spot with Alzate. He is an excellent prospect, but he is prone to a big mistake per game. I just don’t think Potter feels he can have that much risk in the centre of midfield with Bissouma and Alzate. He wants Bissouma as his risk taker, and he wants dependable solidity next to him. Propper has been very good in that deeper holding role, and I can see him coming back in because he has more guile and a better passing range than White.

Unfortunately for Alzate I think him and Bissouma are competing for one place between them. It’s not so much Alzate’s fault, just that Bissouma can be so good, that Potter is trying to free him up as much as he can.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Think there is a bit of a blind spot with Alzate. He is an excellent prospect, but he is prone to a big mistake per game. I just don’t think Potter feels he can have that much risk in the centre of midfield with Bissouma and Alzate. He wants Bissouma as his risk taker, and he wants dependable solidity next to him. Propper has been very good in that deeper holding role, and I can see him coming back in because he has more guile and a better passing range than White.

Unfortunately for Alzate I think him and Bissouma are competing for one place between them. It’s not so much Alzate’s fault, just that Bissouma can be so good, that Potter is trying to free him up as much as he can.

If you're right about Potter thinking it's too risky to start with Bissouma and Alzate in the middle then I would push Alzate forward into the Lallana position when Lallana's not fit, linking the midfield and front line. We missed this badly on Monday night, it was blindingly obvious. Gross is not effective enough in that role, he's much better starting deeper when he can dictate play and pick passes.

With Alzate's appreciation for space, dynamism, ability to carry the ball and quick feet like Lallana, I think he could do really well there. He's too good to be kicking his heels on the bench.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If you're right about Potter thinking it's too risky to start with Bissouma and Alzate in the middle then I would push Alzate forward into the Lallana position when Lallana's not fit, linking the midfield and front line. We missed this badly on Monday night, it was blindingly obvious. Gross is not effective enough in that role, he's much better starting deeper when he can dictate play and pick passes.

With Alzate's appreciation for space, dynamism, ability to carry the ball and quick feet like Lallana, I think he could do really well there. He's too good to be kicking his heels on the bench.

It’s a good point, and you then have a very strong player dropping in if you need it.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I'm with you in that I would be starting Alzate for sure but if for whatever reason he continues to be left out, I would much rather Propper played in midfield than White.

I woudnt have Propper ahead of White tbh, and if White drops back then he'll likely replace Veltman which would be harsh imo, happy if he replaced Webby but that aint going to happen!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wouldn't be at all surprised if a deal was struck in the summer, but for whatever reason the club(s) couldn't get it over the line.
But the deal in question is still valid and Wenceslaus won't even see New Year in Sussex.

Granted I thought much the same re Ali and he suddenly appeared on Boxing Day and scored and is still here - so what the feck do I know?

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall

This, I thought Alzate was a shoe in when I heard Lallana was out for Southampton replicating the quick link between midfield and attack. Who knows what is happening in training though.

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
As it looks like Alzate is out in the cold for some bizarre reason, if Propper coming back means White goes back to playing centre back and we actually start with two natural central midfielders, then this is great news.

I agree. White not really a midfielder from what I've seen, unless as an overwhelmingly defensive holding player who occasionally goes forward, especially if we already have 3 centre backs playing - any two or three from Dunk/Webster/White/Veltman as centre backs (with Burn as a more than useful back up) and midfielders/forwards from our impressive collection, including the unfairly maligned Davy Propper if he is fit and not being kept safe for a transfer...

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Our game against Bournemouth at the Amex from last year was just on Sky Sports and Propper was excellent. It’s been such a long time, I’ve forgotten what a good player he is on his day.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Our game against Bournemouth at the Amex from last year was just on Sky Sports and Propper was excellent. It’s been such a long time, I’ve forgotten what a good player he is on his day.

I am starting to wonder if a few of our players are doing a Thomas Kuszczak on the manager’s wife :lolol:

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
No idea what is keeping Davy P out of action, but, if available, he would be a fine partner for Bissouma and/or Alzate.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Think its probably no funnier / interesting than him being out with various injuries over the season and now he is back but probably not match fit while other players have shown that they can do a similar job as he could. Probably leaves in January but I wont rule out that we could see his grand re-entrance at some point soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here