Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Proms. Last night.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
None of these songs have been banned from the last night of the proms. They have been adjusted this year to account for the restrictions on singing performances. But here's an idea, all the people that are offended by the idea of no lyrics being sung, why don't you sing along to the orchestral arrangement at home?! I'm sure all you ultra-patriots know all the words without requiring a bouncing underline to prompt you? Eh?

However, Christmas is banned this year as it offends those who cannot afford to buy a nice gammon for boxing day. But of course, if you say that out loud they will throw you in prison and you will be forced to share a cell with a pregnant black man. Or something.

#gammonythicket
#jesuswasablackman
#whitesaucematters

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The whole episode is part of the Right's 'culture war' - create an outrage or imaginary threat (Last Night of the Proms under attack, BLM a Marxist front, Christmas being banned to avoid offending the effnix, 'Ba Ba Black Sheep' banned for being racist, etc), and then use it to attack 'leftists' and 'liberals', while moaning "It's PC gone mad; you can't say anything anymore without 'snowflakes' getting offended and having you sacked from your job."

These entirely manufactured outrages are integral to the Right's tactic of diverting public attention and (potential) anger away from the real problems - poverty wages while CEOs pay themselves £millions, food banks (in the world's 6th richest country), homelessness and unaffordable housing, the constant selling-off of our industries and companies to foreign firms and governments (the opposite of "taking back control"), the privatisation-by-stealth of the NHS and other public services (often sold to Tory donors), some of the lowest old age pensions in Europe, and the appalling treatment of the elderly in many of our so-called care homes.

But that's the whole point of the Right's pretended fury over Last Night of the Proms, migrants in dinghies in the English Channel, BLM, 'cancel culture' - it diverts public attention and anger towards 'fake' targets, and channels public outrage against 'liberals' and 'the political correctness brigade', thus allowing the top 1% to continue getting even richer and avoiding paying taxes while millions of ordinary working people struggle to feed themselves or pay their rent. Ensures that 'the people' don't turn their anger against the Tories and the Establishment.

Sadly - as a lot of posters and angry comments on here illustrate - this tactic works; people keep falling for it.

yes you are entirely correct .....our vitriol is misplaced 9 times out of 10.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
None of these songs have been banned from the last night of the proms. They have been adjusted this year to account for the restrictions on singing performances. But here's an idea, all the people that are offended by the idea of no lyrics being sung, why don't you sing along to the orchestral arrangement at home?! I'm sure all you ultra-patriots know all the words without requiring a bouncing underline to prompt you? Eh?

However, Christmas is banned this year as it offends those who cannot afford to buy a nice gammon for boxing day. But of course, if you say that out loud they will throw you in prison and you will be forced to share a cell with a pregnant black man. Or something.

#gammonythicket
#jesuswasablackman
#whitesaucematters

what ...?? the men are getting pregnant now ...??we're doomed , doomed i tell ya...!!

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
We should have sweepstake on what the next thing we are told to get angry about will be

I'm sure the next one is just around the corner as it usually follows on from a huge Boris / government cock up

Jan 30, 2008

#gammonythicket
#jesuswasablackman
#whitesaucematters

No ,they've been censored by a few Snowflakes ,defund the BBC, long live the silent majority
Regards
DF

Jan 30, 2008
We should have sweepstake on what the next thing we are told to get angry about will be

I'm sure the next one is just around the corner as it usually follows on from a huge Boris / government cock up

Have you ever thought that people dont need to be told anything , you're completely out of touch with a lot of people in this country :rolleyes:
Regards
DF

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
i-demand-that-you-let-me-demand-to-demand-or-i-will-be-offended-by-your-offensive-offensiveness.jpg

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
Have you ever thought that people dont need to be told anything , you're completely out of touch with a lot of people in this country :rolleyes:
Regards
DF

Oh I am sorry, so we won't see any links to Nigel Farage then? great

Jan 30, 2008

#gammonythicket
#jesuswasablackman
#whitesaucematters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c5xp5URlfw
regards
DF

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No ,they've been censored by a few Snowflakes ,defund the BBC, long live the silent majority

So it's been shown that they're being included and you're still trying to claim they aren't. I used to think you were merely a troll, but it's apparent that actually you're just very very dim.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The whole episode is part of the Right's 'culture war' - create an outrage or imaginary threat (Last Night of the Proms under attack, BLM a Marxist front, Christmas being banned to avoid offending the effnix, 'Ba Ba Black Sheep' banned for being racist, etc), and then use it to attack 'leftists' and 'liberals', while moaning "It's PC gone mad; you can't say anything anymore without 'snowflakes' getting offended and having you sacked from your job."

These entirely manufactured outrages are integral to the Right's tactic of diverting public attention and (potential) anger away from the real problems - poverty wages while CEOs pay themselves £millions, food banks (in the world's 6th richest country), homelessness and unaffordable housing, the constant selling-off of our industries and companies to foreign firms and governments (the opposite of "taking back control"), the privatisation-by-stealth of the NHS and other public services (often sold to Tory donors), some of the lowest old age pensions in Europe, and the appalling treatment of the elderly in many of our so-called care homes.

But that's the whole point of the Right's pretended fury over Last Night of the Proms, migrants in dinghies in the English Channel, BLM, 'cancel culture' - it diverts public attention and anger towards 'fake' targets, and channels public outrage against 'liberals' and 'the political correctness brigade', thus allowing the top 1% to continue getting even richer and avoiding paying taxes while millions of ordinary working people struggle to feed themselves or pay their rent. Ensures that 'the people' don't turn their anger against the Tories and the Establishment.

Sadly - as a lot of posters and angry comments on here illustrate - this tactic works; people keep falling for it.

I agree with your general point about manufactured controversies designed to shift public opinion in a certain direction.

I also agree that it is those of the right that usually happen to practise it. I'm not sure that the motive is necessarily (or even usually) to grind down the poor and oppressed though, or even that it is always politicians who do it. Owners of newspapers and other media have a vested interest in banging the populist drum - at its simplest it sells newspapers and makes money. Just imagine the joy in the Daily Express newsroom when the Proms story first broke.

Longtime Daily Mail editor Paul Dacre knew what he was talking about when he said that the perfect newspaper headline will make readers either frightened or furious and preferably both. In Whitehall as in Fleet Street: politicians know that the right catch phrase will turn public opinion in the direction they want. It doesn't have to be based on fact; it just has to sound right.

It's why we are where we are.

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
I agree with your general point about manufactured controversies designed to shift public opinion in a certain direction.

I also agree that it is those of the right that usually happen to practise it. I'm not sure that the motive is necessarily (or even usually) to grind down the poor and oppressed though, or even that it is always politicians who do it. Owners of newspapers and other media have a vested interest in banging the populist drum - at its simplest it sells newspapers and makes money. Just imagine the joy in the Daily Express newsroom when the Proms story first broke.

Longtime Daily Mail editor Paul Dacre knew what he was talking about when he said that the perfect newspaper headline will make readers either frightened or furious and preferably both. In Whitehall as in Fleet Street: politicians know that the right catch phrase will turn public opinion in the direction they want. It doesn't have to be based on fact; it just has to sound right.

It's why we are where we are.

But you need to have a large oppressed and poor section of society otherwise you empower them and hence, have less influence over them. The more control the more you can then convince them the reason they are poor is because of immigrants, the EU or a whole host of reasons. If people were well paid, could easily afford to buy, rent property and had plenty of disposable income how do you convince them life isn't so good and they should consider changing their voting intentions? The Tory Government are completely in cahoots with the right wing media, owned by rich Tory donors to put out divisive stories and influence opinion in mostly ordinary work class people who wouldn't usually look beyond a headline. Getting people to vote against their own interests, for policies that will make them poorer. That's power and influence

I think the reason many who still buy into this, of which a few examples on this forum is perhaps they don't like to admit they are a pawn or the fool so keep up the pretence (or just gullible)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here