Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Promotion Calculator

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Leeds beat Bolton and Blackburn, whoopy do. Rotherham have had a great 2 weeks, but that's not going to make them tough opponents when it comes to May.

Using your form list, are you seriously suggesting that Leeds and Rotherham are better than Middlesbrough and Hull?

You're kidding yourself. Of course those fighting for survival or promotion might up their game a little, but generally speaking the table doesn't lie, and those at the top are harder to beat than those at the bottom.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Tell that to Boro and Derby. Oh and Wednesday [emoji23]
And what should I tell Charlton, who beat Rotherham 4-1. What should I tell Bolton, who also beat them? What do I tell Burnley and Reading?

Yes some of the lower clubs have got some great results against some of the top clubs, but that's clearly against the trend, and doesn't change the fact that those near the bottom are there for a reason.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Leeds beat Bolton and Blackburn, whoopy do. Rotherham have had a great 2 weeks, but that's not going to make them tough opponents when it comes to May.

Using your form list, are you seriously suggesting that Leeds and Rotherham are better than Middlesbrough and Hull?

You're kidding yourself. Of course those fighting for survival or promotion might up their game a little, but generally speaking the table doesn't lie, and those at the top are harder to beat than those at the bottom.

Leeds also won away at Cardiff. Rotherham will likely need that game to ensure their Championship survival, so to think it'll be easy would seem flippant.
I'd suggest that Leeds and Rotherham are better than Boro and Hull at this moment, yeah. The results prove it.
Let's see how Hull get on with their 'very nice run in' shall we.

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Since Colin took over Rotherham's form has been excellent and I dispute the idea that a game against them at the moment could be considered easy.

Also, I know it's a cliche but there really AREN'T any "easy games" in this division (especially now, see Hull, Boro and Derby and their recent form) so the concept of an easy or difficult run in isn't really relevant.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There's so much pissing in the wind on this thread it smells like an old peoples home.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Leeds also won away at Cardiff.
And we beat Leeds 4-0. I'd rather play Leeds at home again than play Burnley.
Rotherham will likely need that game to ensure their Championship survival
If they're as good as you were suggesting, they'll be safe by then and on the back of a massive piss-up. Or maybe they'll already be down by then, with nothing to play for. Even if they had something to play for, it's a home game for Hull andI'd much rather that than traveling to 'boro.
so to think it'll be easy would seem flippant.
You've described a home game against the third worst team in the division as tough. That's just a weird way to look at it.

I'd suggest that Leeds and Rotherham are better than Boro and Hull at this moment, yeah. The results prove it.
But Hull aren't going to be playing them 'at this moment', it's over a month until they play Leeds and even longer until they play Rotherham.

I'm shocked you think the last few games are a better indication of how teams will do in the next 10 games, than the results over the last 36 games.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
There's so much pissing in the wind on this thread it smells like an old peoples home.
That was the point I was trying to make in a more roundabout way. Along with pissing on Trig's half full tray of chips with negative sauce.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
After the latest results, I have us going into the last game with the teams on the following points:-

Burnley - 91
Boro - 87
BHA - 86
Hull - 84

So we would need to go to Boro to get a win and clinch second place - simples!

We're nearly in agreement! Now have us needing a win on last day for 2nd .... just can't get myself changing that zero to a 3 just now and hoping I don't need to :)

Football.jpg

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I'm shocked you think the last few games are a better indication of how teams will do in the next 10 games, than the results over the last 36 games.

For how many of those 36 games did Leeds and Rotherham have their current managers?

For info on how playing sides at the bottom is tough in a run-in see Charlton v Boro & Hull v Mk Dons within the past four days.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Along with pissing on Trig's half full tray of chips with negative sauce.
I don't think I'm being negative, just adding some realism to some of the posts here. Look at the predictions most people have made, they don't have us finishing in the top two, as it's a tall order. Are you suggesting we're more likely to finish in the top two than either Hull or 'boro? You should pile on with the bookies if that's what you think, and they don't agree.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For how many of those 36 games did Leeds and Rotherham have their current managers?
Have Leeds changed manager?

Warnock has got Rotherham a few points, but we know he's no genius, and regardless of manager, everyone expected Rotherham to struggle this season, their squad just isn't as good as most.

For info on how playing sides at the bottom is tough in a run-in see Charlton v Boro & Hull v Mk Dons within the past four days.
No thanks, I'm not going to change my understanding of football based on a few games.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Have Leeds changed manager?

Warnock has got Rotherham a few points, but we know he's no genius, and regardless of manager, everyone expected Rotherham to struggle this season, their squad just isn't as good as most.

No thanks, I'm not going to change my understanding of football based on a few games.

Yes, they have.
Ok then. Let's talk when the 46th games have been played.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I have us finishing 3rd on 84 points, well behind Burnley and Hull. We have a tough run-in, makes me think we need that the extra option of a man like Glenn Murray, especially in those matches against the big boys.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I don't think I'm being negative, just adding some realism to some of the posts here. Look at the predictions most people have made, they don't have us finishing in the top two, as it's a tall order. Are you suggesting we're more likely to finish in the top two than either Hull or 'boro? You should pile on with the bookies if that's what you think, and they don't agree.
I'm predicting nothing because it's totally pointless.

You may as well tell all those doing the predictor thing to have a bet on their 50 game (or whatever it is) accumulator. And then another bet after they get one of the results wrong on Saturday etc etc. I wonder how many predicted Boro to lose to Charlton and Rotherham and Hull to draw with MK Franchise and Forest? I also expect that their predictions include the same teams beating "better" sides than those and I'd happily bet that nobody will get anywhere near predicting all the results correctly.

All I'm saying is that we've got a bloody good chance based on recent results and how the respective teams are playing (and what's going on behind that in Boro's case in particular).

Anyway, stop trying to deny that you're negative you miserable get. [emoji8]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm predicting nothing because it's totally pointless.
Thanks for your contribution to the predictions thread :)

You may as well tell all those doing the predictor thing to have a bet on their 50 game (or whatever it is) accumulator.
No, you're missing the point. I'd suggest that people bet when they know something the bookies don't.

Anyway, stop trying to deny that you're negative you miserable get.
Shan't. I'm not negative, just realistic. I find it better to manage my expectations rather than get carried away because a couple of teams have lost form.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Thanks for your contribution to the predictions thread :)

No, you're missing the point. I'd suggest that people bet when they know something the bookies don't.

Shan't. I'm not negative, just realistic. I find it better to manage my expectations rather than get carried away because a couple of teams have lost form.

I don't generally bet at all because I never know anything that the bookies don't.

I'm not getting carried away and will still be amazed if we finish second because we're Brighton. But we've never had a better chance.

And yes, I probably should leave the prediction threads alone as they do my head in. Wild guessing taken to it's nth degree.

BUT you still come across as a glass half full kinda guy and nothing's changing my mind on that!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I don't generally bet at all because I never know anything that the bookies don't.

I'm not getting carried away and will still be amazed if we finish second because we're Brighton. But we've never had a better chance.

And yes, I probably should leave the prediction threads alone as they do my head in. Wild guessing taken to it's nth degree.

BUT you still come across as a glass half full kinda guy and nothing's changing my mind on that!

Glass half empty shirley?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Indeed we haven't.

Well I don't need to change your mind, but you're wrong (or you would be if you'd typed what you meant to). I am, as you say, a glass half full chap. Whenever I see an extreme of any view though, I tend to counter it (some might dare to say I'm argumentative) as I see things more in the middle than any extreme.

I'm still hopeful about this season, we'll be 3rd after 37 games, and not far behind 2nd. I can't pretend that our run-in is as good as Hulls though, it just isn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here