[Football] Professional Football Players - COVID Vaccinations

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Nobody should be forced into taking any medicine - it's a fundamental freedom to decide what goes into your body. I'm not anti-vax but I can fully understand those that are nervous of having the jab ... especially given the speed it was developed and approved. I'm double jabbed but it was MY choice to be so. But how do we know it's safe ? After all there was a treatment in the 1970s for morning sickness that was all approved etc .... look how that turned out in later years ! Read the bit of paper in off the shelf drugs and you probably wouldn't take them.

So, regardless of their privilage and money ( and I'm really not sure why that should make and difference ) footballers should have the choice the same as the rest of us and I have no issue with those that don't have the jab.

It would appear jab shaming has become the new mask shaming.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Does he question speaking out against racism or wife beating for fear of a backlash by nobbers, too, I wonder?

Oh, and [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION]'s post above is utter selfish stupid twaddle. :shrug:

Freedom, my arse.

Nice comparison.

Shows how far up your own arse you are.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Probably. I have no plans on getting vaccinated.

There is no reason for the people in my generation to believe what "academics", media, politicians, governments and average-Joes are pushing for. We know they all pushed for growth and capitalism, and now we are facing the sociological and environmental consequences. We know how they pushed for competition rather than collaboration. We know how it pushed for a whole lot of shit now affecting us in very bad ways. So when you're out there saying "you all should get vaccinated", its not very tempting. We prefer to contemplate rather than blindly follow those footsteps, knowing how often you got lost.

Smallpox, TB, Measles, although the last one is making a comeback due to the collective wisdom of the internet.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

There is no reason for the people in my generation to believe what "academics", media, politicians, governments and average-Joes are pushing for. We know they all pushed for growth and capitalism, and now we are facing the sociological and environmental consequences. We know how they pushed for competition rather than collaboration. We know how it pushed for a whole lot of shit now affecting us in very bad ways. So when you're out there saying "you all should get vaccinated", its not very tempting. We prefer to contemplate rather than blindly follow those footsteps, knowing how often you got lost.

One of the first things you did when you joined NSC was write to Barber and then cut and paste his answers as if you were representing all fans of BHAFC.

Now using "we" you appear to think you represent your generation.

I am really not sure how much up your own arse you actually are these days.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
One of the first things you did when you joined NSC was write to Barber and then cut and paste his answers as if you were representing all fans of BHAFC.

Now using "we" you appear to think you represent your generation.

I am really not sure how much up your own arse you actually are these days.

I meant we as in "parts of the generation I belong to" rather than "every single individual in the generation I own and manage" but presumed I wouldnt need to explain that.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Most players take the knee but won't get vaccinated and would chop your hand off to sign for Riyadh upon Tyne ..
it's a funny old contradictory world

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Does he question speaking out against racism or wife beating for fear of a backlash by nobbers, too, I wonder?

Oh, and [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION]'s post above is utter selfish stupid twaddle. :shrug:

Freedom, my arse.
It seemed such a weak message. Is this how he manages his team too I wonder?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Why not, it might save your life? What if "the man" said don't get vaccinated, would you go for a jab then?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Why not, it might save your life? What if "the man" said don't get vaccinated, would you go for a jab then?

It might, it might not. Might take it - just two days ago Sweden stopped giving the Moderna vaccine to under-30s due to the increase in myocarditis.

No I wouldnt. Personally I rarely make decisions based on what others say and never when it comes to subjects like this.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Ok Wolfie

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

More importantly, it might save somebody else's life. But what the hell, if you've got principles/belief in conspiracy theories, best not bother about that. After all, it's an essential human right to be allowed to keep the chance of infecting a vulnerable person with a potentially fatal virus ........................ innit.

Anti-vaxxers come under the same category as those idiots who bought themselves 'mask exempt' lanyards without having a genuine reason for exemption. Selfish.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Have you run out of tin foil?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
More importantly, it might save somebody else's life. But what the hell, if you've got principles/belief in conspiracy theories, best not bother about that. After all, it's an essential human right to be allowed to keep the chance of infecting a vulnerable person with a potentially fatal virus ........................ innit.

Anti-vaxxers come under the same category as those idiots who bought themselves 'mask exempt' lanyards without having a genuine reason for exemption. Selfish.

Tired argument. If you are not allowed to make decisions that could harm someone else, then you pretty much couldnt make any decisions at all.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports