Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Proclaimers,500 miles video

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
This is a question that has been bugging me for years but WHY in the video for 500 miles is there footage of the Brighton area, around Havelock Road/Blakers Park area and then footage of a train going over the London Road viaduct.

I remember initially seeing it years ago(before I kept hearing the song in cheesy clubs) and thinking WHY is it a shot of Brighton, that can't be right? The other shots seem to come from a film I assume the song featured in, but the inclusion of shots of Brighton has always struck me as bizarre.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
maybe its 500 miles from where they come from in Scotland??

They did alright out of that dull ditty, so if I were you I'd stop wasting valuable writing time asking why Brighton is in their vid, and write another ditty as dull.

Here, I'll start you off;

When I wake up, I know I'm gonna write,
I'm gonna write a song as banal as the Proclaimers one.
(now you)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They did alright out of that dull ditty, so if I were you I'd stop wasting valuable writing time asking why Brighton is in their vid, and write another ditty as dull.

Here, I'll start you off;

When I wake up, I know I'm gonna write,
I'm gonna write a song as banal as the Proclaimers one.
(now you)

Now I might not, make as much dough as those c*nts,
But I sure as well won't be such a complete c*nt.

La la la la, la la la la, la la la......

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Kinda song that reminds me of those famous lines Rose said to Jack! and i quote Ile never let go Jack,NEVER! just b4 she prises his frozen fingers from hers and watches him sink to the bottom of the atlantic! Typical woman tut. :mad:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This is a question that has been bugging me for years but WHY in the video for 500 miles is there footage of the Brighton area, around Havelock Road/Blakers Park area and then footage of a train going over the London Road viaduct.

I remember initially seeing it years ago(before I kept hearing the song in cheesy clubs) and thinking WHY is it a shot of Brighton, that can't be right? The other shots seem to come from a film I assume the song featured in, but the inclusion of shots of Brighton has always struck me as bizarre.

The director of the video is from Brighton. The original video doesn't feature clips from a film, but those shots were added in after it was featured in benny and joon

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
The director of the video is from Brighton. The original video doesn't feature clips from a film, but those shots were added in after it was featured in benny and joon

Ahhh, as always with NSC, the sensible answer is at the end of the page.

That makes sense, otherwise I could see no connection to a bit of footage spliced in of people walking around near Preston Park and then an old slam door train heading towards London Road Station.

But now I know, cheers Acker.

Kinda song that reminds me of those famous lines Rose said to Jack! and i quote Ile never let go Jack,NEVER! just b4 she prises his frozen fingers from hers and watches him sink to the bottom of the atlantic! Typical woman tut. :mad:
I prefer it when the old lady throws her necklace into the sea and says "oooooooops!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here