Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Probably fixtures but Hart is back from loan.

Jimmy Grimble

Surely he will be in the squad

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
He looked very ordinary playing against Lewes.

But he is an Albion legend so lets hope a committed body helps us at this worrying time

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would sooner see him on the bench as a forward option than to have Gatting or as midfield option to Loft, in fact his daughter could fill that option better.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I would sooner see him on the bench as a forward option than to have Gatting or as midfield option to Loft, in fact his daughter could fill that option better.

Christ. You have really got it in for Loft. Why not give the guy a chance? Would you care to remind me why we are playing Mansfield Town in the FA Cup this weekend and not a league game?

Personally, I think he has a decent level of natural talent and excellent level of fitness, but needs to work on his application. He might not be akin to players that have worn the stripes in the past, but we are a midtable third division side and he is by no means the worst player that you seem to view him as. Oh and he is only just 21 with limited experience. Give the guy a chance! But as you say, "One man's meat is another man's poison".

Without wishing to divert from the main topic - I would love to see Hart make an impact, but I fear that now he is no longer the pacy OGH we loved and knew, then he is going to offer little threat in this league. Pace was his forte and he has done nothing to suggest that his legs are still up to it. I would love to be proved wrong though!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Good.

I don't expect him to be anywhere NEAR the player he once was, but he is certainly capable of doing a 'job' - even if it is in games away from home where we are more defensive, or if it is from the bench. He can cross a ball, and he'll get stuck in more than the likes of Martot and Robinson (i'm not saying he should start in front of Jake though)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Would sooner see Hart on the bench than BOTH of Elder and Gatting as for me, they offer exactly the same thing. Saying that, with the return to the squad of Lynch and Fraser, and Wilkins having a reserve keeper this week, means you may only see one of the three anyway.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Get off Loft's back. He looked OK when he came on for Reid on Tuesday.

Pleased OGH is back. I agree that I'd rather see him on the bench than Gatting.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Good.

I don't expect him to be anywhere NEAR the player he once was, but he is certainly capable of doing a 'job' - even if it is in games away from home where we are more defensive, or if it is from the bench. He can cross a ball, and he'll get stuck in more than the likes of Martot and Robinson (i'm not saying he should start in front of Jake though)

Shouldn't we play him at left back instead of AelA ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Are you all on f***ing glue?
I agree. The words "Albion legend" are bandied about too easily these days, but OGH is surely one. However, his time has passed and his pace has gone. It's time to look forward.

Nonetheless, OGH. :bowdown:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

Never really seen much of Gatting as I was away at uni when he got the majority of his games for us, but I can't understand the criticism of Loft. As well as that goal at Cheltenham, he looked good at Yeovil and had we got the equaliser it probably would have been down to him in some way; got stuck in well against Bournemouth the other day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here