Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prince is dead?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Wasn't a massive fan but I do like some of his songs a lot and he was obviously very talented. RIP Prince.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
His music was more relevant to me than that of David Bowie so it seems somewhat more personal, although in reality it is nothing of the sort. RIP the popstar Symbol.

I am just more pleased than I have ever been that I am neither rich nor famous, at least for this year! Think the big one this year is still to come......

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am shocked Prince was an amazing musician, so so talented and luckily I saw him live twice and he really rocked.

Prince, Bowie who next ?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
This year is just unreal. RIP Prince. Far too bloody young.

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
His music was more relevant to me than that of David Bowie so it seems somewhat more personal, although in reality it is nothing of the sort. RIP the popstar Symbol.

I am just more pleased than I have ever been that I am neither rich nor famous, at least for this year! Think the big one this year is still to come......

Macca? Or Gazza?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Terrible, terrible news. He was a brilliant musician. A genuine genius.

Sad news indeed because that's no age at all.

Can you explain why he was a genius though please Buzzer?

I'm asking for two reasons.

1) I've never liked his music but have always heard the genius comments. I'm keen to know why it's so or if it's emperors new clothes. I'm assuming he was a multi instrumentalist for starters?

2) If anyone can give me a definitive answer, it's you. I've followed your blog long enough to know that you know your stuff when it comes to music and know how to put it into words.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sad news indeed because that's no age at all.

Can you explain why he was a genius though please Buzzer?

I'm asking for two reasons.

1) I've never liked his music but have always heard the genius comments. I'm keen to know why it's so or if it's emperors new clothes. I'm assuming he was a multi instrumentalist for starters?

2) If anyone can give me a definitive answer, it's you. I've followed your blog long enough to know that you know your stuff when it comes to music and know how to put it into words.

I think it's when your peers call you that. Fan base alone is probably not sufficient. And they did and will repeat over the next few days in the tributes.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I think it's when your peers call you that. Fan base alone is probably not sufficient. And they did and will repeat over the next few days in the tributes.

Very good point. I'm sort of imagining a Quincy Jones type of musicianship....i.e complete in every department and massively respected by those in the music business.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Only bloke i knew who looked cool in a frilly shirt and hi heels , a quite brilliant performer will be missed the world over .

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
This is getting ridiculous. 2016, year of the Grim Reaper. RIP Prince. The Doves Are Crying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here