Prince 2 free?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear all,

I am in the jobs market at the moment.

Whilst I have dome programme management over the last 20 years, it was also excel.

Time has passed me by and future employers are stating prince 2 as a requiremnet.

To gen up in my days of unemployment.

Are there any safe free downloads or sites anyone can recommend/

LC

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Prince2 isn't something you can download. It's a project management methodology you have to go on a course and sit an exam for accreditation.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Prince2 is a BIG topic !

You might want to start with something like APM and work you're way up to Prince2.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
There are quite a lot of free documents to download on the PRINCE 2 website, I have downloaded a few templates from there (risk logs, PID, business case etc).

But none will actually teach you everything about the PRINCE2 methodology or prepare you to sit an exam.

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
It's not that big. I did it in about a month of evening study with exam at the end. You can do the foundation certificate which gives you an appreciation of what it's about and then you can sit the practitioner level on the same day.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Prince2 is a BIG topic !

You might want to start with something like APM and work you're way up to Prince2.

I've Prince2.

Interestingly lots of employers ask for it yet when you look at how their companies are run it is obvious that trying to implement Prince2 would be like nailing jelly to the ceiling. Bootom line is that many organisations ask for it but don't use it, Recruitment agencies tend to use it as a filter which is unfortunate.

I've Prince2.

Interestingly lots of employers ask for it yet when you look at how their companies are run it is obvious that trying to implement Prince2 would be like nailing jelly to the ceiling. Bootom line is that many organisations ask for it but don't use it, Recruitment agencies tend to use it as a filter which is unfortunate.

That's what I need to get past.

I also until the last two hours, assumed it was a programme.

So, I reckon I 've got the theory, but need to fine tune with some of the tips offered here.

Thanks

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Prince 2 is another great con in my view it is only really teaching you common sense about project management.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oh and when my sister worked in the NHS she nearly strangled someone who banged on about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports