Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Priceless

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Albion Rob said:
Eh? Was Knight's first goal deflected in by the defender? Not seen it yet but thoguht he flicked it in. Very good goal if so.

That was a nice piece of individual skill from Knight, but it did deflect in off the defender and I suspect the keeper would've got it otherwise.

One or two nice flashes from the Albion wide players too, but overall the game was surprisingly drab considering five goals were scored. Both keepers did next to nothing all afternoon other than pick the ball out of the net!

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
What are your thoughts about the game tomorrow TLB? Was it a bad performance at Preston? The match reports I read indicated that Preston's attackers were very good throughout the game whilst Cardiff were missing Jerome upfront. "Great" news that pretty much all of your match-winning players could return tomorrow night, just what we need! I've pretty much written off the game as a lost cause.

Albion Rob

The Laughing Bluebird said:
That was a nice piece of individual skill from Knight, but it did deflect in off the defender and I suspect the keeper would've got it otherwise.

One or two nice flashes from the Albion wide players too, but overall the game was surprisingly drab considering five goals were scored. Both keepers did next to nothing all afternoon other than pick the ball out of the net!

Ah, thought it went in at a bit of an odd angle but was virtually in line with the goal line so was hard to tell.

Agreed, there were very few shots on target, in fact I think every shot on target may have gone in, even Leon's laughable penalty.

:lol:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Ex Shelton Seagull said:
What are your thoughts about the game tomorrow TLB? Was it a bad performance at Preston?

It wasn't good by all accounts. I didn't go (been there twice and we lost 0-4 and 0-5!), but I spoke at length last night to a mate who went, and it seems we were below par.

Jerome will be back tomorrow and has had a bit of a break, so he should be raring to go. We miss Cooper though. He's had a knee operation and will be out for a while yet. Although not the greatest player in the world, he does link play well in midfield.

I'm reasonably optimistic if only because we seem to bounce back qucikly this season after poor or mediocre performances. And spirits won't be high in your camp after yesterday, I imagine.

We seem to play better football away than we do at home this season, and no doubt Albion will try to keep things as tight as possible, so I'm not expecting an easy ride. But I think Jerome and Ricketts will give Butters plenty to think about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here