Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Price Increases

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Prices gone through the woof
Absolutely, just did a bit of research and this price action is fairly typical (this isn't she has, but cant get that on Amazon).

Goes through the woof end of last year.

dog.png

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
several points of anedata indicated the cause of the tomato shortages were pricing. we didn't pay more for the supply that was available, so shortages here while elsewhere no shortages with higher prices. one of these was a industry rep saying our supermarkets unusually have fixed price contracts on produce, great for getting cheap prices until there's a market change, when they get stuffed. seeing today Germany printed Febuary food inflation rising to 22% today, kinda fits.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My favourite 2L carton of orange juice in Tesco has (overnight) gone from £1.35 to £1.65.
And they're also asking me to pay the thick end of a fiver for a poxy box of plain Shredded Wheat. Cereals in general have gone through the roof. Fortunately I'm not on the breadline, but I'm increasingly just giving the finger to stuff on the shelves and going without. I'm not paying six quid for tuna.

f*** off.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
What have you purchased recently that has increased the most in the past few months.
Trip to Aldi and their tomato soup is now 57p from 35p. Honey Nut cornflakes £1.09 from 85p. Cheap marg 99p from 59p. Own digestive biscuits 49p from 35p.
Their meat packs have shrunk with 1 kilo packs now containing 750 grams or less.
Inflation is 10% and yet everything seems to be going up by a lot more than that.
What about the items that may not have increased, or increased by less than 10%, or heaven forbid, even dropped in price?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
My favourite 2L carton of orange juice in Tesco has (overnight) gone from £1.35 to £1.65.
And they're also asking me to pay the thick end of a fiver for a poxy box of plain Shredded Wheat. Cereals in general have gone through the roof. Fortunately I'm not on the breadline, but I'm increasingly just giving the finger to stuff on the shelves and going without. I'm not paying six quid for tuna.

f*** off.
a 250 g tin of tuna here will cost you $4.00 max around 2 quid absolute gouging going on there mate..:angry:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
What about the items that may not have increased, or increased by less than 10%, or heaven forbid, even dropped in price?
What though? Harveys at the Amex is still £4.50 pint but have you looked at the pies recently? They've shrunk.
I'm pretty sure that items are just going up so people can make a bigger margin.
PETROL. Wednesday it is rumoured that the government will reinstate the 5p duty. Remember when they took it off and petrol went down, 3p!
Watch those pumps because there is no way a 5p rise will result in just 5p increase.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
What though? Harveys at the Amex is still £4.50 pint but have you looked at the pies recently? They've shrunk.
I'm pretty sure that items are just going up so people can make a bigger margin.
PETROL. Wednesday it is rumoured that the government will reinstate the 5p duty. Remember when they took it off and petrol went down, 3p!
Watch those pumps because there is no way a 5p rise will result in just 5p increase.
The pies have not shrunk.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Is that a fact or your opinion.
Fact. Depending on the lidding machine being used it can cause the pie to look bigger or smaller. You still get the same amount of filling and base but the lidder can have different heads. These normally vary in sizes by 1mm on each lidder. Now assuming they have two lidders the smaller pie you see maybe the lidder their using is 1mm smaller. Therefore you lose 1mm all round your pie on the crust hence looking smaller.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Had a pie at Leeds on Saturday. Absolutely shite compared with Piglets.
Every pie in the land is awful compared to Piglets. I've had some Chicken Tikka style pies recently away from the Amex, including at Leeds. They were nice. Upper East, southern kiosk I never seem to be able to get the 'specials' even though I arrive an hour before KO. But I'll always argue that Piglets make the best pies. Another tick for looking after local businesses and giving the fans what they want.
I love my club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here