Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prevent Donald Trump from making a state visit to the United Kingdom - petition

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
And then Parliament democratically voted to expedite Brexit according to the will of the electorate as expressed by the referendum, even though a majority didn't agree with leaving the EU.
If the same principles of democracy apply in the States, then the appropriate number of Senators and Congressmen would vote to change the law so that Trump's policy can become law. Can't see that happening somehow!

Changing the US const. would be very difficult for Trump to do. Though I think Biff did it in Back to the Future II

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
:facepalm:

Have you read what you posted?

............harder for illegal immigrants........

As opposed to trump making it harder for people who have documentation to enter the usa legally,

whooooooooosh

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
:facepalm:

All presidents issue them. This isn't the real issue, or the point.

It is part of the issue,as some people seem to think Trump is playing outside the rules.Highlighting the fact that Obama used executive orders for border security matters is to try and wake some posters up a little bit.Don't hold out too much hope,though,as some just prefer to think they know best!???

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
It is part of the issue,as some people seem to think Trump is playing outside the rules.Highlighting the fact that Obama used executive orders for border security matters is to try and wake some posters up a little bit.Don't hold out too much hope,though,as some just prefer to think they know best!???

With respect, it's not the issue at all.

Trump's disregard for the rules is not evident in the order itself, or the fact that he has chosen to issue an order. It's evident in the manner in which he's executed the order, and the total disregard for the standard process for doing so.

No-one (sane) is suggesting that Executive Orders are a bad thing in and of themselves.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
You just can't make this stuff up

IMG_20170206_145449.jpg

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
With respect, it's not the issue at all.

Trump's disregard for the rules is not evident in the order itself, or the fact that he has chosen to issue an order. It's evident in the manner in which he's executed the order, and the total disregard for the standard process for doing so.

No-one (sane) is suggesting that Executive Orders are a bad thing in and of themselves.

But it is the issue.Try having a look at Executive Orders by people like Roosevelt and Wilson that were challenged and struck down.Nobody would give the abuse to them that President Trump is getting.You poke a rattler with a stick,it will react very badly.If stupid people keep on reacting to everything he does with violence and abuse,it will just make matters worse.He seems to be as bad a loser as some on here.Try getting a bit of historical perspective,instead of hysterical!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Thats what people say when they get something horribly wrong. Please try harder.

I could try and use a hammer and chisel,but lefties seem to have very thick skulls!:)

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Absolutely agree , it's beyond belief that someone in such high office should behave this way.

Most politicians talk bolox on Twitter.I'd rather ban Twitter,seems to be full of twits.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
But it is the issue.Try having a look at Executive Orders by people like Roosevelt and Wilson that were challenged and struck down.Nobody would give the abuse to them that President Trump is getting.You poke a rattler with a stick,it will react very badly.If stupid people keep on reacting to everything he does with violence and abuse,it will just make matters worse.He seems to be as bad a loser as some on here.Try getting a bit of historical perspective,instead of hysterical!

So in your world everyone just keeps quiet and accepts everything he says just in case he gets upset.

No doubt you will be out on the streets waving your piece of paper while liberties are reigned in.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Ok, help me out. I genuinely don't know what point you're trying to make here. You seem to be saying that your issue is with people abusing Trump, and that if he continues to be abused then he'll react badly? What does this mean?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Donald Trump will be blocked from addressing Parliament on his state visit to the UK, the Speaker of the House of Commons has said.

John Bercow, the Speaker, said he was "strongly opposed" to Mr Trump speaking in the Commons and that being invited was "not an automatic right" but "an earned honour".

“Before the imposition of the migrant ban I would myself have been strongly opposed to an address by President Trump in Westminster Hall," he told MPs in response to a point of order by an MP.

“After the imposition of the migrant ban by President Trump I am even more strongly opposed to an address by President Trump in Westminster Hall."

Parts of the Commons erupted into rare spontaneous applause in support of Mr Bercow's statement.

Veteran Labour MP Dennis Skinner, speaking after Mr Bercow's statement said: "Further to that point of order: two words: well done."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...isit-speaker-address-parliament-a7565651.html

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
John Bercow take a bow, I suppose its slightly ironic that a few MPs in the house have more insidious views than Trump but just dont say them out loud.

And I concluded by saying to the honourable gentleman this. We value our relationshjip with the United States. If a state visit takes place, that is way beyond beyond and above the pay grade of the Speaker.

However, as far as this place [the House of Commons] is concerned, I feel very strongly that our opposition to racism and to sexism and our support for equality before the law and an independent judiciary are hugely important considerations in the House of Commons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here