Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prevent Donald Trump from making a state visit to the United Kingdom - petition

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I love these online petitions. People think it's going to make a difference, that by signing it should be acted upon because blah blah I'll sqweam and sqweam, boo goo. Let's leave Mrs May to run the country shall we? I think she might know Trump is a prick already...unfortunately you have to speak to these people. But do carry on with this tokenism.

The number of votes means it has to be debated in Parliament. I hope that anybody who disagrees with a politicians action has the courage to stand up and say so. Saying nothing leads to corruption.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Facepalm all you like, that is clearly how it will be viewed in some quarters.

Just to point out , out of the top 10 most populated muslim countries in the world only Iran ( 7th on the list) is on the temporary travel ban.

The rest can come and go as they did before. Hardly anti-muslim is it.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The number of votes means it has to be debated in Parliament. I hope that anybody who disagrees with a politicians action has the courage to stand up and say so. Saying nothing leads to corruption.

IT IS BEING DEBATED!! EVERY FECKING MIN OF THE PAST FECKING YEAR!! (Or feels like). Sorry, it's not you. It's just these social media clickbaits are tiresome and lame. As if our politicians aren't aware of and got better things to do than serve the narcasstic needy than actual people in need. In football parlance, this is a case of sit down shut up. As people have said numerous times on this thread, he's a democratically elected leader and a foreign one at that. People are always saying we should stop meddling in other countries affairs. Well, Americas a cracking example right now. If only so we can have some different news...it's been Trumpuary all month. People need to get on with their lives and stop being so outraged at what is happening the other side of the planet. Grief...

scamander

Aug 9, 2011

But only if they decide that it hasn't been debated before, I know there was a previous petition - was it debated then at all?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Wonder how many of these people signed petitions or protested against the Chinese or Saudi Leaders on their state visits ... selective outrage?

Correct,no doubt the protest that makes it,s way to the American Embassy will stop off outside the Chinese and North Korean embassies to protest against daily human rights abuses and like you say the Saudi Arabian embassy to protest against beheadings and stoning to death ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's EXACTLY the kind of thing that a fair proportion of folk in Brighton would do. They'll then share it on Facebook so their like-minded friends can see that they're really sticking it to Trump. Yeah, that'll show him.

It has visibility WAY beyond Facebook. Sends a message to The Donald that is picked up by the media and broadcast in big bold headlines all around the world. Hopefully f*cks up his nasty thin orange skin just a little bit also. Why would you NOT want to sign that petition? ???

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
IT IS BEING DEBATED!! EVERY FECKING MIN OF THE PAST FECKING YEAR!! (Or feels like). Sorry, it's not you. It's just these social media clickbaits are tiresome and lame. As if our politicians aren't aware of and got better things to do than serve the narcasstic needy than actual people in need. In football parlance, this is a case of sit down shut up. As people have said numerous times on this thread, he's a democratically elected leader and a foreign one at that. People are always saying we should stop meddling in other countries affairs. Well, Americas a cracking example right now. If only so we can have some different news...it's been Trumpuary all month. People need to get on with their lives and stop being so outraged at what is happening the other side of the planet. Grief...

It's a government petition not a social media clickbait site.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
You're asking why we want to trade with the US,

Right. so exactly the sort of things that our country will want to negotiate then.

So you're happy to eat food that is subject to lower food standards than are applied in the UK, and to open up the NHS to higher drug prices causing even more strain on resources.

Thats your view, fine but not one that I wish to follow.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just to point out , out of the top 10 most populated muslim countries in the world only Iran ( 7th on the list) is on the temporary travel ban.

The rest can come and go as they did before. Hardly anti-muslim is it.

Christian Iranians arrived at a USA airport yesterday having spent all their savings, and possessing a valid visa, to be put back on a plane and sent back. They spoke about it on the news.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

How high are you waiving your piece of paper?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]825961866358710272[/tweet]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So you're happy to eat food that is subject to lower food standards than are applied in the UK, and to open up the NHS to higher drug prices causing even more strain on resources.
What on earth are you talking about? I haven't commented on those things, I've just said that we will want to have a good relationship with the US. You must be suggesting that we just stop talking to them. If that's not what you're suggesting, what is your point - why wouldn't we want their president coming here?

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
....Why would you NOT want to sign that petition? ???

Because it has nothing at all to do with me. It's the American's country with a president they voted in one of whose campaign promises was exactly this travel ban. Can you imgaine the furore here if the American public took offence at some government directive in the UK? You might not agree with it in any way but it's their country, not ours!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Because it has nothing at all to do with me. It's the American's country with a president they voted in one of whose campaign promises was exactly this travel ban. Can you imgaine the furore here if the American public took offence at some government directive in the UK? You might not agree with it in any way but it's their country, not ours!

Germany was Hitlers country

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Christian Iranians arrived at a USA airport yesterday having spent all their savings, and possessing a valid visa, to be put back on a plane and sent back. They spoke about it on the news.

Some people will always ruin it for others I'm afraid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here