Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Preston Park Travellers Site

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Amazed to note that at last the council have taken action against the old vehicles/coaches parked on the road alongside Preston Park.The area has now been marked off for official parking bays and looks so clean and tidy.The question is where have they moved on to? not a registered site, I bet.

Apr 10, 2009
The vehicles in question were moved along the road by recovery trucks to enable the line painting to be done then put back where they were. Mostly the owners have now moved the vehicles themselves and some have been towed away and will be scrapped eventually. I can't answer where the owners have moved them to but they should now become a rarer sight as the permit zones expand around the city because few of these vehicles actually have a registered owner living in B & H and in any case you can't get a permit for these coaches, camper vans etc because they exceed the gross vehicle weight of 3.5 tonnes which is the maximum size for a permit.

I really should get out more shouldn't I

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
A few seem to have moved to surrenden road.

I am all for a bit of freedom but these tosspots have only given the council another revenue stream, they have bays now and charge everybody.:tantrum:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Yeah they'll move to Surrendean Road and the surrounding area where there are less parking space and cause an actual problem rather than just some unsightlyness near a park. Great thinking from the council

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Amazed to note that at last the council have taken action against the old vehicles/coaches parked on the road alongside Preston Park.The area has now been marked off for official parking bays and looks so clean and tidy.The question is where have they moved on to? not a registered site, I bet.

Not only are Palarse Football Club looking for a new home but so are their fans, excellent!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The travellers vans just spoiled it for themselves in the end. By taking the piss and turning up en masse in crappy buses and ex-ambulances and staying for months on end, they wound up the more precious-property-price-conscious residents to get up petitions and hassle the council to put parking restrictions in. I refused to sign the petitions on principle as the travellers never caused me any harm nor left any mess. Have to say though, it's quite nice to see a treeline instead of a scabby line of shit vehicles. And, hilariously, seeing as how most of the houses in the street have some sort of off-road parking and the scabby buses were taking up about three cars-worth of space apiece, there's now massive wide open spaces for parking. Like I say, shame the travellers spoiled it for themselves by taking the piss. Oh well.

D

Deleted User X18H

There was a family who used to live in a big military type van and park in either Tivoli Crescent or Compton Road the kids used to go to a school round here somewhere.

I haven't seen the van since residents only was announced, although there was a cracking motor home with what looked like a drawbridge on the back of it outside the post office on Matlock Road (not in parking restriction area) yesterday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here