Preston Blades Youth Football Club - Angmering

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ross272

Jun 12, 2008
Angmering
We're looking for children who are currently in years 1,2,3 and 4 to join our club in Angmering. The club has been running for a year now, and we'd like to set up teams to play in the Sunday junior leagues next year.

Our under 6, 7, and 8's have all been taking part in tournaments throughout the summer and have done really well considering they've never played before.

We train at 09:30 to 10:30 on Saturday's morning's on the Bramley Green Park in Angmering off Nursery Road.

All boys and girls are welcome to turn up and train with us or call:
Ross on 01903 775304 or email ross@prestonblades.net

Club's website is prestonblades.net

Thanks for looking

:ascarf:

Jul 7, 2003
You must be able to attract some kids from Highdown Saints. I did a coaching course with some of their guys and with one noteable exception they were a perfect example of where kids football goes wrong - poor attitude and only there because the club sent them to keep their charter standard.

I attended a couple of tournaments over the last couple of weeks and one Saints manager were shouting and bawling at the referee in an Under 7's game - very poor example to set.

Jul 7, 2003
There are plenty of kids out there - it's just a matter of getting the info out. I was helping out Worthing Town Youth last week and they had 18 new kids who wanted to play for the Under 9's next year.

I would suggest approaching the local junior/middle schools and asking if you can distribute leaflets advertising your team to the kids. I know teams have done this through schools in Worthing.

Good luck

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
yes put flyers in all the schools locally,thats the best bet and try prawn sandwich and acyl websites,they let you put up on their,perhaps advertise a fun/trial day where you train

Nelsons Left Boot

Mar 11, 2008
Rustington
Due to the posting I have spoken to the managr of the under 10's, my son and his friend should be at training next week. They have both been training with another team on and off over the last year but due to numbers never got chance to play games. Until last night I had never heard of Preston blades and I live 2 miles away. So keep up the good work and get the message out there and they will come.

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
Might be interested in this for my lad, he was at Rustington Otters but they stop training over the summer, does your club run throughout the summer too?

Ross272

Jun 12, 2008
Angmering
Thanks for replying guys.
Yes we had done 2 of the schools in Angmering and East Preston Infants last week. I will try the other schools locally.
Have also started door to door drop and I've cover about 800 houses so far so hopefully we'll pick a few kids up. Also trying to get a few posters out there in East Preston, Rustington and Ferring.

As for training - yes we run throughout the year. We let the parents decide if they want a break for any length of time.

Cheers

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Good luck with this Ross,

It's a thankless task isn't it!!!

Itend to find that some of the more established clubs take on a ridiculous amount of players each season and then not play them. This means that newer and smaller clubs struggle to recruit.

There's one in particular in the west Hove area that charge parents a ridiculous amount each year and take on 20 players...It's just frustrating and it's not giving the kids a chance to play football.

Ross272

Jun 12, 2008
Angmering
Hi guys, I've now got 7 regular players and 4 that will play when rugby isn't on.
I still need a few more kids if anyone knows and year3 children who would like a game on a Sunday.

Training is still Saturday's at 09:30 and has now moved to Mayflower Way in Angmering. Just past the Roundstone garage.

Phone 01903 775304 or 07917117027

Cheers
Ross

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports