Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Preston 1-0 up

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
I would be laughing my bollocks off if it were you ... cant expect any less back can we

Exactly right, they are the rules as far as I am concerned, you pile on the abuse until the time comes to take it back which inevitably at some point will happen although currently I am confident of a fairly long spell before we will be on the receiving end of it. The holmesdale BBS is like a bad pub fight at the moment, marvellous stuff.

Littlehampton Palace

Littlehampton Based Palac
Nov 5, 2007
LITTLEHAMPTON
Nah, take the piss and pile on the misery for as long as we can. Come december if they beat us then fair play and they can do the same back but all the while they are this shit we wallow in their pitiful crapness.

I agree you have to take the piss when you can, lets face it how many times have Brighton been better than Palace?:lolol: So you must give plenty stick now while you can! And judging post on here you are defo loving it.
Charlton fans rejoiced at our demise from the Prem and sang we'll never play you again and they've just spent 3 years in L1:lolol:

We heard it all last season you were going to destroy us at the Amex and it turned out to be one of the best ever away days I've ever had:D

Palace will be back soon enough:p

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Better than Sheebo surely?
Why is that?Are you going to thrash us again?
Anything can happen between now and when we play you ,and I'm pretty glad we have you at selhurst first it buys us some time to buy some form .

Yep - thrashed you by 10 points last season - hoping for MORE this season though (it should've been more before rreally when you look at the difference in class between the squads)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I agree you have to take the piss when you can, lets face it how many times have Brighton been better than Palace?:lolol: So you must give plenty stick now while you can! And judging post on here you are defo loving it.
Charlton fans rejoiced at our demise from the Prem and sang we'll never play you again and they've just spent 3 years in L1:lolol:

We heard it all last season you were going to destroy us at the Amex and it turned out to be one of the best ever away days I've ever had:D

Palace will be back soon enough:p

It's a long term plan at Brighton tho - I think we'll be safely more successful for years to come - and deservedly so. Finally it's a level playing field and we OWN a stadium. And you're getting punished for cheating football and paying for things you can't afford. Justice.

Oct 25, 2003
in all seriousness....what the hell is going on up there?

last season they were solid at the back, but what kept them back was a lack of goals

this season they seem absolutely woeful at the back, but have scored a reasonable amount of goals (4 in 3 league games isn't TOO bad)

so what's going on? has dougie gone for a more offensive approach this season, leaving the defence exposed?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I no longer expect to get anything from games against Palace, they just seem a bogey side to us in my lifetime. But now we're safe in the knowledge that our club is ahead of them in terms of quality of squad, players, manager, chairman, stadium, crowd numbers etc etc and that is far more rewarding than a one off result. Will settle for being in the playoff race and finishing well above them in the table come May.

in all seriousness....what the hell is going on up there?

last season they were solid at the back, but what kept them back was a lack of goals

this season they seem absolutely woeful at the back, but have scored a reasonable amount of goals (4 in 3 league games isn't TOO bad)

so what's going on? has dougie gone for a more offensive approach this season, leaving the defence exposed?

They've lost Gardner, their best CB last year, Clyne at RB, and Popovic their defensive coach buggered off back to Oz. Speroni is falling apart too. Bought in Ward from Pompey who unsurprisingly hasn't been great, and the CB on loan from Saints has turned out to be shite. Best thing is they are pinning all their hopes on the return of carthorse McCarthy as being their defensive saviour.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I just love the fact that Douglas's love-in with the fans is over and his legendary status is seriously in jeopardy no matter how much Palace fans may claim that he'll always have a place in their hearts. The longer he stays the more acrimonious I can see things getting - great days.

:clap:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What surprises me the most is how it's literally a handful of games ago we were being told Poyet would be off to a big club any minute, but they had one of the best young managers around and he was there to stay. Let's hope they're right on that last point.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
What surprises me the most is how it's literally a handful of games ago we were being told Poyet would be off to a big club any minute, but they had one of the best young managers around and he was there to stay. Let's hope they're right on that last point.

We should start a petition urging CPFC2010 to give Dougie time to turn things around.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Yes. less than a year ago and they were saying things like this on NSC:

There is no way DF would leave - unless it was a proper big club, Champions Leagues style (no chance of course), or his boyhood Rangers - even all of his comments in the press label us as "my club, my team", etc. He even said he felt guilty when he wasn't around in our first admin - and even though he'd rather have been playing, couldn't turn his back on us the 2nd time round.
I'm afraid chaps that anyone who believes DF would leave for the revolving door at the King Power Stadium is living in a fantasy world - he is ours.

Nothing embarrassed to be about as a Palace fan at the moment, I'm afraid - a team playing with pride, exuberance and awash with home-grown
youngsters ripping opposition sides to shreds.

However, Freedman has been on Sky, TalkSport etc. over the last two days talking about how much he's loving his time at Palace and can't wait to take us to the Premiership and how he's "living the dream" etc.

The last one is from our old friend Glenn Murray. Whatever happened to him?:)

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Exactly right, they are the rules as far as I am concerned, you pile on the abuse until the time comes to take it back which inevitably at some point will happen although currently I am confident of a fairly long spell before we will be on the receiving end of it. The holmesdale BBS is like a bad pub fight at the moment, marvellous stuff.

I seem to remember you being equally as confident in the lead up to the Amex game last year. And look what happened. All this abuse from you lot will make that win when we meet even sweeter if it happens, so keep talking.

Quiet ironic also that there is a thread about last nights result seeeing as you were dumped out 3-0 with pretty much a full strength side by a team that played in League 2 last year. But how could i forgot, you're suddenly an amazing side after beating the footballing giants that are Barnsley, even though they had 12 players out. Silly me :glare:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I seem to remember you being equally as confident in the lead up to the Amex game last year. And look what happened. All this abuse from you lot will make that win when we meet even sweeter if it happens, so keep talking.

Quiet ironic also that there is a thread about last nights result seeeing as you were dumped out 3-0 with pretty much a full strength side by a team that played in League 2 last year. But how could i forgot, you're suddenly an amazing side after beating the footballing giants that are Barnsley, even though they had 12 players out. Silly me :glare:

Hate to agree with you but yes.

Hence to the resident Palace fan at work I said well we lost to Swindon in a prev round and thats about it.

Marathon not a sprint etc etc. After THAT game Im taking nothing for granted bit do have a smile everytime OI see Palace lose :)

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la

And the European Champions....

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

Fair enough but we haven't just lost league games against Bristol City and Watford.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
TBH Palace would have lost to the Barnsley side they put out on Saturday.

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
I no longer expect to get anything from games against Palace, they just seem a bogey side to us in my lifetime. But now we're safe in the knowledge that our club is ahead of them in terms of quality of squad, players, manager, chairman, stadium, crowd numbers etc etc and that is far more rewarding than a one off result. Will settle for being in the playoff race and finishing well above them in the table come May.

Its funny how this differs amongst fans. I was born in '65 and although we played Palace a lot in the 70's and 80"s, they didnt win once at our place from my DOB until Withdean and we won a fair share of games at their place in that time. Most palace fans in their late 40's(except the 700 or so who were at Withdean) had never seen a meaningful (yes there was one ZDS Cup or something in the 90"s) win at Brighton in their lifetime before last season. I still expect us to win every time we play them...and I'm sure normal service will be resumed soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here