Press conference on SSN soon...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

robynsdad

Jan 29, 2012
I have not watched a lot of football press conferences, but gosh that was dull.
let us hope the football is more interesting.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This is a transcript of the brief bit of the presser that SSN showed live. Doesn't give much away beyond perhaps showing that he's been tracking the club/players for quite a while. Perhaps means how he was after CMS a few seasons back and obviously Andrew Crofts/Elliott Bennett etc.

Why Brighton ?

Hughton - "Sitting here today, the reasons are quite obvious. You only have to look around this wonderful training facility. Also what the club have achieved with the new stadium and their ambition. They've fared v.well in the division in the last few seasons. For whatever reason this season hasn't gone that well. But its about the ambition. I know the club very well, having been to watch numerous games here. "

What do you know about the club ?

CH - "You have to be confident. You can't be in this role unless you have faith in your own ability. I know the squad quite well. Some individual players having watched the team this season and over previous seasons. I know the structure of the club and some individuals quite well. I hope its not going to take long to settle in. In this very short time the club have made me very welcome."

Prem or Championship ?

CH- "There is so much potential here. As soon as i knew there was an opportunity to come here it very much excited me. Its where this club want to be in the future. This club has real ambition to progress and real ambition to push on. "

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
205fb17e7b4f41f61bd6aac5b4fa1213.jpg

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
This is a transcript of the brief bit of the presser that SSN showed live. Doesn't give much away beyond perhaps showing that he's been tracking the club/players for quite a while. Perhaps means how he was after CMS a few seasons back and obviously Andrew Crofts/Elliott Bennett etc.

Why Brighton ?

Hughton - "Sitting here today, the reasons are quite obvious. You only have to look around this wonderful training facility. Also what the club have achieved with the new stadium and their ambition. They've fared v.well in the division in the last few seasons. For whatever reason this season hasn't gone that well. But its about the ambition. I know the club very well, having been to watch numerous games here. "

CH - "You have to be confident. You can't be in this role unless you have faith in your own ability. I know the squad quite well. Some individual players having watched the team this season and over previous seasons. I know the structure of the club and some individuals quite well. I hope its not going to take long to settle in. In this very short time the club have made me very welcome."

Prem or Championship ?

CH- "There is so much potential here. As soon as i knew there was an opportunity to come here it very much excited me. Its where this club want to be in the future. This club has real ambition to progress and real ambition to push on. "

Pretty much exactly what any other manager would have said if they were appointed then.

I'm optimistic with him to be honest.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Now Brighton have had their 30 seconds of managerial coverage SSN can now switch to a 20min uninterrupted press conference with media whore Arry talking up QPRs match against Swansea

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014

Why Brighton ?

Prem or Championship ?

Wish him all the best. Been very pleased with his recent interviews on TV and radio. Wish Hughton the best. Now, a catchy chant...

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Did the cameraman fall asleep.....

What exactly did you want from the first 2 questions at his first press conference? Some magic tricks? A knock-knock joke? An angry rant about tickets for West Ham away in the cup?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
so [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] - thanks for the thumbs down. so you thought that was good coverage from SSN on the press conference did you?
You are welcome. All you've done is moaned about us getting Hughton and now moaning about the press conference. Most conferences are dull formalities but i still got excited seeing him being unveiled as our new manager and talking about our club. Cheer up.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
You are welcome. All you've done is moaned about us getting Hughton and now moaning about the press conference. Most conferences are dull formalities but i still got excited seeing him being unveiled as our new manager and talking about our club. Cheer up.

i have not moaned about it at all - i have voted that i am happy with the appointment but i have just caveated it. I am a bit underwhelmed but hardly disappointed. their coverage of the news conference was all of about 1 min 30 secs long and so it was sh@t. i am perfectly cheery thanks other than having to deal with tossers like you.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011

Naylor was there then...should have heard him on Talksport this morning making out he had broken the news....while we knew yesterday night (Daily Star)...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports