Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League Winners playing for Albion

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did Phil Beal or Martin Chivers ever get a Div 1 title medal.

Only if they played for Spurs in 1960-61. I know they were past their best when they came here but that would have been pretty damned impressive!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
To me that is cheating on a fans forum why not just indulge the fellow members with discussion, to my mind much better.

I admit to missing the days when you could actually have a disagreement with somebody that meant waiting until you could find a reference book to find out who was right. These days you just pull your phone out and the discussion is dead in a minute.

It also nullifies the need to think about something as you can just look it up, can’t be good for the brain :smile:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I admit to missing the days when you could actually have a disagreement with somebody that meant waiting until you could find a reference book to find out who was right. These days you just pull your phone out and the discussion is dead in a minute.

It also nullifies the need to think about something as you can just look it up, can’t be good for the brain :smile:

Though feuds are settled promptly.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Man Utd players spring to mind and Andy Ritchie. But he didn't win the title at United.
Whilst looking him up I found Frank Stapleton. No title.
In fact this post is useless.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Agreed. We all need to adopt the Frank Skinner rule - if you don't know something, then Google it. If you know it but can't remember, then work on it in your head till you get it.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Mel Hopkins

For Spurs 1961/62 , joined Albion in 1964! we have another.

Actually, upon checking, poor old Mel Hopkins missed out during Spurs' double-winning season in 1960-61 (despite what Wikipedia says). He was with Tottenham from 1952 until 1964 (when he joined us) but had his face smashed by Ian St John playing for Wales against Scotland in November 1959 and was out of the game for two years. It looks like he finally returned in December 1961 having missed out entirely during one of the greatest club seasons of all time. He must have been gutted - Pele broke my heart, Saint broke my nose

Noah All

Jan 2, 2018
The shed
You haven't quite followed that logic.........................

You haven't either.

It's not likely but not impossible that the OP did a bit of Googling before he posted, just to see what might come up. He didn't have to say what he found.

So, do we have to specify that we've used Google when posting a reply ?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Does Gareth Barry count? Seeing as he came through our youth system and won the title with Man City in the 2011-12 season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here