Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League Twitter Followers

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Even more staggering given its geo-blocked outside Japan. (all the PL social rights for goals and highlights are location specific/broadcast specific).
And what on earth do they think the pint is of that? Exclusivity, don't make me laugh. Anyone, anywhere and anytime can view whichever premier league goal they wish. The PL are so behind the times.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
And what on earth do they think the pint is of that? Exclusivity, don't make me laugh. Anyone, anywhere and anytime can view whichever premier league goal they wish. The PL are so behind the times.
It’s probably something to do with the £5billion + the PL earn from the current three year overseas TV rights deal. Just ahead of the £5 billion that they earn in the UK alone .

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It’s probably something to do with the £5billion + the PL earn from the current three year overseas TV rights deal. Just ahead of the £5 billion that they earn in the UK alone .
Whoosh!

I am not talking about whole games or even highlights. Just the goals. What difference does stopping the goals from being shown in a location where the goals are freely accessible? Anyone in the UK can watch the goals from PL games in a number of legitimate ways. No point whatsoever blocking any goals.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Instagram:

RealM 132m
Barca 117m
ManU 61m
Liverpool 41m
ManC 39m
Chelsea 38m
Arsenal 25m
Tottenham 15m
Leicester 7.2m [how many in Thailand?]
Everton 2.8m
Villa 2.6m
West Ham 2.4m
Wolves 2.2m
Palarse 1.5m
Newcastle 1.4m
Southampton 1.2m
Leeds 1.1m
Brighton 0.8m
Fulham 0.7m
Forest 0.7m
Bmuff 0.68m
Brentford 0.36m

Last edited:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
A couple of years back I saw a WBA fan use social media stats to demonstrate that they were clearly "The Albion" and it was fair to say we were not even a close second. Might be interesting to re-run that one now.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Whoosh!

I am not talking about whole games or even highlights. Just the goals. What difference does stopping the goals from being shown in a location where the goals are freely accessible? Anyone in the UK can watch the goals from PL games in a number of legitimate ways. No point whatsoever blocking any goals.
Although I get the point you are trying to make, what @chaileyjem said is still true, each broadcaster only has the rights to show footage within a certain region (even if the broadcaster has local deals across multiple regions), that applies to any video package, from full matches down to goal clips. They'd be in breach of contract if they didn't put geographic blocks in place.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How come Palace have such good numbers?
Reaching the much hyped EPL 4 years earlier.

The gap’s closing, these are old numbers 4.5 years ago.

11A24E64-CB41-43C7-8DAA-043458D921D8.png

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
How come Palace have such good numbers?
They've been in the league a long time. There are a lot of caveats to these figures.

If Albion hold their position they will increase in large number. A large percentage of overseas based 'fans' are glory hunters.

Like a lot in the UK. I guess.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Am I the only one who has not got a clue about all this media stuff given I don’t do Twitter, Instagram or Tik tok. And as for Facebook I hardly ever bother as too many people just love posting the most inane drivel about themselves.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
We've been doing social media better recently too, chapeau to the social team.

TikTok is amazing for growth, its algorithm allows someone with 0 followers to get 1,000,000 views and likes and you can then use this to drive traffic to your other platforms and hopefully the online store.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
We've been doing social media better recently too, chapeau to the social team.

TikTok is amazing for growth, its algorithm allows someone with 0 followers to get 1,000,000 views and likes and you can then use this to drive traffic to your other platforms and hopefully the online store.

The Tiktok of Mitoma's header now has nearly quarter of a million likes.

gazjames1979

Jan 11, 2023
Instagram now we have 837,000 followers - feb 8th - now 9th march 873,000
tiktok 1.2 mill - feb 8th - now 9th march - 1.5 million
twitter 805,000 - feb 8th - now 9th march - 822,600
facebook 1 million - feb 8th - now 9th march - 1090.,148

Good growth in a month, i love stats but you can see this now at games and in crowd the mix of some different nationalities and i love it, this is what club needs to grow more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here