Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League team of the month

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I actually like Kayal and Stephens as a partnership a bit more than Stephens and Propper. They compliment each other more. Dale does the dirty work, Kayal is FAR more creative. That said.....

Much to my surprise I didn't get laughed off NSC for suggesting the Albion's recent 'backs to the wall' performances, is partly down to Kayal replacing Propper.

Yes they are both the creative side of their partnership with Stephens but Kayal creates the space while Propper seems to stay in position and lets the ball do the work.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The sooner Propper is back the better. The last 3 games have seen our midfield completely overrun.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I actually like Kayal and Stephens as a partnership a bit more than Stephens and Propper. They compliment each other more. Dale does the dirty work, Kayal is FAR more creative. That said.....

:

I prefer Kayal not sure I can prove anything about their relative quality (as seems to be the way now) but we just seem a bit more mobile and tougher with him playing. Its the opinion I form which i cannot substantiate with numbers.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Much to my surprise I didn't get laughed off NSC for suggesting the Albion's recent 'backs to the wall' performances, is partly down to Kayal replacing Propper.

Yes they are both the creative side of their partnership with Stephens but Kayal creates the space while Propper seems to stay in position and lets the ball do the work.

Wonder what it would be like with all three starting a match

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The sooner Propper is back the better. The last 3 games have seen our midfield completely overrun.

I actually agree with this, the excellent results and defending/keeping (as well as Murray's finishing) have papered over it but in all three games we have been totally dominated in midfield. It sounds contradictory as Kayal has done very well getting up and down the pitch and driving us on but I do think we're missing Propper's positioning sense and passing. Personally I'd like to see Propper and Kayal given a run together when Propper is fit again.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016

A memorable moment indeed :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here