Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League Summer Series - Philladelphia, Atlanta and New Jersey 22-28/7/23

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Okay. True. I’ll play.

You could argue that by flying out there, they are raising the profile of the PL, which brings more money in, which pays more taxes and levies towards climate change initiatives. In a way, they’re saving the planet.

Not really. English clubs in all divisions often fly abroad summer tournament.

And how many of us take 3-4 return flights per year for city breaks, beach holidays each year?

Aviation is not the issue, many make it out to be.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Being a brit in North America is hilarious because nobody here bats an eyelid at a 7-8 hour drive in one shift. I've left work on a Friday at 3pm and driven 7 hours to revelstoke to snowboard saturday and sunday, to drive back 4/5pm Sunday another 7-8 hours.

Back home, I can't convince my mates to drive from Saltdean to Worthing for the day! I'm driving to Santa Cruz for Christmas (16 hours each way), my family think i'm crazy
I can (and will) do Atlanta round trip in the day - quick 5 hour flight in the AM, 11pm flight home after the game, fly with the time zones to be in bed by 2.30am. Proper away day.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm probably mis-remembering where they were from - it was definitely 24 hours of driving
I have a few friends who drive down to Florida at least once a year. It's about 20 hours from Toronto and they think nothing of it. A lot of retired people drive down there for the winter.

I drove on the aforementioned trip to Philly. Around 9 hours of driving plus a couple of hours to stop and stuff our faces with American diner food.

sir_gullahad

Dec 20, 2013
Cheltenhamshire
I can't be the only one that thinks they may struggle to shift 71,000 tickets for Brentford v Brighton, am I?

Absolutely love the ridiculousness of this all.
It looks like the game is a double header with the Chelsea v Newcastle game.

Obviously, most will head for the exits after the main event.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Being a brit in North America is hilarious because nobody here bats an eyelid at a 7-8 hour drive in one shift. I've left work on a Friday at 3pm and driven 7 hours to revelstoke to snowboard saturday and sunday, to drive back 4/5pm Sunday another 7-8 hours.

Back home, I can't convince my mates to drive from Saltdean to Worthing for the day! I'm driving to Santa Cruz for Christmas (16 hours each way), my family think i'm crazy
7-8 hours of driving is ok, but over here it would be 3 hours of driving, whilst avoiding potholes, interspersed with a total of 6 hours of queuing, navigating detours for road closures, and driving off motorway to find a petrol station where you can fill up and grab a sandwich without having to take a mortgage out.

ATL_GULL

Jul 25, 2018
It looks like the game is a double header with the Chelsea v Newcastle game.

Obviously, most will head for the exits after the main event.
being a Brighton fan here in Atlanta, the first game (brighton/brentford) will absolutely struggle to fill the building.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
1681245552803.png
View attachment 159569
1681245506708.png

Anyone watching us playing in THIS stadium can have my jealousy. Wow.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
7-8 hours of driving is ok, but over here it would be 3 hours of driving, whilst avoiding potholes, interspersed with a total of 6 hours of queuing, navigating detours for road closures, and driving off motorway to find a petrol station where you can fill up and grab a sandwich without having to take a mortgage out.
That sounds a lot like Toronto!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
What's the ball park figure for return flights ? I'd be amazed if I could actually afford to go but what a cracking tour that is.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What's the ball park figure for return flights ? I'd be amazed if I could actually afford to go but what a cracking tour that is.
Around £7-800 based on going in/out of Newark or JFK (plus another £1-200 for an internal flight depending on what games you want to do). Skyscanner.net is your friend.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I definitely won't be going, but I can understand why Fulham have done this as we have a lot of US fans because of past US stars( including McBride and Dempsey), current players ( Ream and Robinson) and our owners being US and also owning a US NFL team and a wrestling franchise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here