Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League Stadiums ranked

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Utd need to ground share with City for a season or two, while they demolish Old Trafford and build a new ground similar to Spurs.
Yes the ground has history but its falling apart, a bit like a Stately home where the Lord of The Manor doesn't have the money to maintain the building.

Best - Tottenham
Worst - West Ham

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The trouble is we as fans rank these stadiums using the away end as a barometer. Away ends are invariably shit. Liverpool from the centre of the ground is miles better than the shitty away end for example.

Spurs should win though. Best in a country by a distance even if it looks completely wrong in the middle of Walford.

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Fairly sure that at the start of the PL era, Cantona et al, Old Truffle was a 40k seated capacity. They’ve since practically doubled it by sellotaping on bits and bobs. Might have been better to have razed it and started again.

It was slightly bigger, unless it had reduced capacity when it was expanded as I saw BHA play there in the first year of the 1st division (79/80) and the attendance was about 51k then I think.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
It was slightly bigger, unless it had reduced capacity when it was expanded as I saw BHA play there in the first year of the 1st division (79/80) and the attendance was about 51k then I think.

I went to the Liverpool game there in 1990 - 46,500 or thereabouts. But not all seating.

el punal

It's a tip these days. All it is is a tourist attraction so they can get away with it. Horrible, cramped concourses, and the legroom in every seat is the worst in the PL (even worse than Selhurst, though I guess unlike our Glazier chums, you can at least see the whole pitch from every one).

I went to Old Trafford for our 2-1 demolition job. My seat did not exist - well not the one described on my match ticket! I tried sitting on one in the same row and my legs would not fit into the so called legroom to the seat in front. Just as well we away fans stand. Old Trafford is impressive from the outside until you get to the archaic, dwarf dimensioned and size zero turnstile entrance. From there on in it is cramped, shabby and very dated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here