Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League Stadiums ranked

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Some Aussie has ranked them here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQtevHlayts

My thoughts: he's not that far off. Anfield should be lower, Old Trafford should be much lower, Molineaux and the City Ground should be higher, and nobody likes the London stadium but it still feels harsh to rank it bottom of any league that includes Dean Court.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Quite like stuff like this as everyone has an opinion on what constitutes a good stadium.

For what’s it worth, having visited all of them I’d go

1. Spurs
2. Villa
3. Forest
4. Newcastle
5. Brighton
6. Liverpool
7. Arsenal
8. Man United
9. Fulham
10. Wolves
11. Leeds
12. Everton
13. Man City
14. Chelsea
15. Palace
16. Brentford
17. Soton
18. Leicester
19. West Ham
20. Bournemouth

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Watched the first 50 seconds and gave up. Annoying dialogue, trying to be funny but coming over like an @rse.

From what I heard, he's not even been to any of them so it's all based on second and third hand information.

Gary Neville really slags off the state of Old Trafford saying it's in terrible condition. Must be bad for a die hard Manc to say that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Anfield will be transformed next August with a 16,000 ‘away end’, just a 1,000 short of Spuds Kop.

Last night:
2BC8E4D8-CD68-4655-AB29-BFC7CE4F8880.png

Newcastle unfortunately will always looks lop-sided due to the small Leazes stand.

Smellhurst and Goodison are rusting tips, with shite sight-lines at the latter but soon to be bulldozed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Watched the first 50 seconds and gave up. Annoying dialogue, trying to be funny but coming over like an @rse.

From what I heard, he's not even been to any of them so it's all based on second and third hand information.

Gary Neville really slags off the state of Old Trafford saying it's in terrible condition. Must be bad for a die hard Manc to say that.

The unwritten rule the Glaziers have with the fans is:-

You let us milk every last penny out of this stadium.
And we won't screw you over on price.

So cheap tickets, cheap season tickets, cheap beer and food.

But every single inch covered in tightly packed seating.
Antiquated changing room and press facilities.

Jul 7, 2003
The unwritten rule the Glaziers have with the fans is:-

You let us milk every last penny out of this stadium.
And we won't screw you over on price.

So cheap tickets, cheap season tickets, cheap beer and food.

But every single inch covered in tightly packed seating.
Antiquated changing room and press facilities.

According to an article from the Manchester Evening News earlier this year, the last major work at Old Trafford was 2006.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
According to an article from the Manchester Evening News earlier this year, the last major work at Old Trafford was 2006.

I'm not in the least bit surprised.

All the current pontificating and finger pointing currently surrounding Manchester Utd can be summed up in one word:-

Shortermism

Or two words.

Short termism.

Or one hyphenated word:-

Short-termism.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Fairly sure that at the start of the PL era, Cantona et al, Old Truffle was a 40k seated capacity. They’ve since practically doubled it by sellotaping on bits and bobs. Might have been better to have razed it and started again.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think Old Trafford is one of the best of the old stadiums. Seats are a bit tight compared to new grounds, but the fans are close to the pitch, sight lines are excellent and concourse facilities are ok.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Anfield will be transformed next August with a 16,000 ‘away end’, just a 1,000 short of Spuds Kop.

Last night:
View attachment 150916

Newcastle unfortunately will always looks lop-sided due to the small Leazes stand.

Smellhurst and Goodison are rusting tips, with shite sight-lines at the latter but soon to be bulldozed.

Blimey they can’t stop tampering with that end. Sat in when 1 tier. Sat in upper tier when became 2. Now going to be a third! Guess have to go again. Sake, just get the planning permission right first time Liverpool!! :)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Liverpool was like watching football through a letter box. Awful.

Jul 7, 2003
I think Old Trafford is one of the best of the old stadiums. Seats are a bit tight compared to new grounds, but the fans are close to the pitch, sight lines are excellent and concourse facilities are ok.

Not sure I agree on the last point - might be better in the home areas but the away end concourse is cramped and horrible.

Last I saw, they were working with the company who designed the Spurs stadium to look at redeveloping Old Trafford and further increasing the capacity to around 80k

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

It's a tip these days. All it is is a tourist attraction so they can get away with it. Horrible, cramped concourses, and the legroom in every seat is the worst in the PL (even worse than Selhurst, though I guess unlike our Glazier chums, you can at least see the whole pitch from every one).

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Last night:
View attachment 150916

I assume they'll get the Liverpool fans to literally raise the roof, given there are "no fans quite like these"ⓒ

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I lost interest after he said Stamford Bridge was where the Vikings were defeated.

Wrong Stamford Bridge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here