Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League - Project Big Picture

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I love it how Championship clubs have been excluded .... for now.

I've said it before, WTF should Derby or Massive get EPL or additional government money, when they rack up huge financial losses each year in cheating FFP as they try to buy their way to the EPL. Mel :wanker: Morris and Chansiri think nothing of signing players on huge wages e.g. Rooney, pumping the money in from personal funds.

However, it is a blunt non-action tool, with Wycombe and Barnsley for example getting no support too.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Rick Parry, chairman of EFL, gushing over the idea and defending Liverpool and United this morning on Today Programme. Says it all really. I think it would be in footballs best interests if the top 6 buggered off to their super league. If Barcelona/Bayern/Juventus v Liverpool/Chelsea/man u is boring enough already, how long could they realistically sustain the concept? Maybe then we might get some competitive football back, and a top division with more variety of teams likely to win it.

Parry wants to be CEO of Manchester United - that's his interest in the proposal.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I love it how Championship clubs have been excluded .... for now.

I've said it before, WTF should Derby or Massive get EPL or additional government money, when they rack up huge financial losses each year in cheating FFP as they try to buy their way to the EPL. Mel :wanker: Morris and Chansiri think nothing of signing players on huge wages e.g. Rooney, pumping the money in from personal funds.

However, it is a blunt non-action tool, with Wycombe and Barnsley for example getting no support too.

Agree with you re the Championship clubs not needing / deserving a bailout the way a lot of them behave, certainly don't feel sorry for Barnsley as I think their owners are worth something like $9bn

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Brentford raking in 60 million on 2 players - no way should they get a penny

This.

I think the Premier League need to build a fund for the Championship where clubs can apply on a basis of need. The same owners that cooked up FFP avoidance schemes around selling their Stadiums back to themselves etc should be not be considered for help.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This.

I think the Premier League need to build a fund for the Championship where clubs can apply on a basis of need. The same owners that cooked up FFP avoidance schemes around selling their Stadiums back to themselves etc should be not be considered for help.

:thumbsup:

I also don’t think clubs still receiving parachute money should get a penny e.g. Cardiff, beside Vincent Tan is a billionaire.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Agree with you re the Championship clubs not needing / deserving a bailout the way a lot of them behave, certainly don't feel sorry for Barnsley as I think their owners are worth something like $9bn

And Stoke £7b,
Bristol City €1.3b
Preston £1b.

Any Championship bailout must be means tested.

Why should Burnley's owner who is worth around £60m be asked to support those Billionaires vanity projects?

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Very good decision by the group.......L1 & 2 fair enough in the vast majority of cases, but far too many clubs in the Championship that have wealthy owners, parachute payments, big revenue from player sales or are flouting FFP to try to get promoted. As Pb said last night why should Tony and others be funding them so they can overtake us ?

Even a bail-out of a championship club needs to be carefully considered - if it’s down to crap management by the owners then maybe it needs to be accompanied by a points deduction and relegation (club survives but learns a lesson) perhaps.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
:thumbsup:

I also don’t think clubs still receiving parachute money should get a penny e.g. Cardiff, beside Vincent Tan is a billionaire.

Thats harsh, they need it to pay Nantes £15 million

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No bailout of a championship club should be for more than lost gate receipts ( minus the VAT for the tickets that would be paid out of this ).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Certainly good news but scratching my head as to why Liverpool and Man Utd voted against what I thought was their proposal ??

Rick Parry has certainly been wheeled out as the patsy in all this allowing Liverpool & Man Utd to distance themselves from it.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
No formal vote was taken, no apology given. This is just an opening gambit from Joel Glazer and John Henry.

Listened to you on Radio 5 last night with Colin Murray. Was looking forward to it as I like Colin Murray and Jez Moxey does talk well and has been around the game a long time, even if I do disagree with his opinion on PBP. But why on earth did they bring Ian Holloway on?!

I'm not expecting you to comment on that but it was a shame as he just sounded like one of the drunk old men who phones in to the Talk Sport overnight shows to have a rant. He took up far too much air time without actually contributing anything.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Listened to you on Radio 5 last night with Colin Murray. Was looking forward to it as I like Colin Murray and Jez Moxey does talk well and has been around the game a long time, even if I do disagree with his opinion on PBP. But why on earth did they bring Ian Holloway on?!

I'm not expecting you to comment on that but it was a shame as he just sounded like one of the drunk old men who phones in to the Talk Sport overnight shows to have a rant. He took up far too much air time without actually contributing anything.

Because Holloway is great value and whether you like him or not will give his honest opinion without platitudes and zero BS.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Because Holloway is great value and whether you like him or not will give his honest opinion without platitudes and zero BS.

Not great value to me at all actually, he just constantly tries to play up to his image these days with ridiculous metaphors. Last night he just slurred some absolute garbage about everyone in football being corrupt and that the game needed people like him and, in his words, someone clever to save it. He embarrassed himself, it was incoherent nonsense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here