Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premier League Prize Money

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
But with a wage bill of £83m and carrying over a debt of £150m that £100m won't even touch the sides.

Careful what you wish for, people.

My thoughts too,like to see us not go over £45M but it would appear it wont be enough...we shall see.

Edit_we are going to be hard pushed to compete,will be among the paupers *perhaps,of the Division and even a sustained 5 Years run at Premier level might only just see us break even at the end of it

-then again i might just be talking nonsense,on thing is now absolutely crystal clear,as it was not before and that is we got Promotion for the sake of keeping us financially afloat,just at the right time.

Last edited:

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Frightening wage figures for players . If only they were less and the monies passed down to lower ticket prices and to help the lower leagues etc Not the players fault but just how much do they need .

The Agents (leeches imo) play a large part in the wages bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
But with a wage bill of £83m and carrying over a debt of £150m that £100m won't even touch the sides.

Careful what you wish for, people.

We have reduced debt this year, however you are correct. We had very little debt prior to the current stint in the PL - when we went up in 2007 our accounts showed net debt of £35m (we had no other debt as the ground is owned outright) which means our total debt I believe has increased by around £100m (as it is supposedly lower than £150m with the accounts lodged this week) during our time in the league.

That said with the new TV deal that may change if we were to remain in the PL - one thing is for sure though that wages and transfer fees will rocket this summer with the new TV deal taking total effect.

For Brighton it must be key in my eyes to keep wages under control and ensure there are no long term contracts - at Sunderland we have for years been paying players that we no longer gain the services from

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Take the cash and if we end up back in the Championship so be it. More games more likely to be up near the top and less wages spent on unknown foreign wankers that don't even give a shit about the club. I'm over the moon we made it finally but I don't want to see us fighting relegation every session paying some unknown kid 50k per week. If we yo yo so be it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here