Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League plans for the remainder of the season *** ALL FIXTURES POSTPONED 3rd April

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hand liverpool the title no relegation and expand the premier league by promoting the 2 teams from championship or even 4 then sort out the reducing again next season

That makes sense.

But what about Chelsea, Manure, Arsenal, Spurs and Wolves in a legal :catfight: for 1 or 2 CL places? Worth many £10m’s, plus the chance for glory.

Last edited:

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
If they stop the leagues, I think it will be almost impossible to relegate any teams although they could have some special relegation games in May for the bottom clubs. Something like, bottom two clubs play each other, loser is relegated. Winner plays the next club up the league. If a club wins 2 games they are safe, if they lose they are relegated. So if Norwich win twice, then they would be safe, with Villa and Bournemouth going down. West Ham would then play Watford for the final relegation place.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Sorted it...

Each club designates a FIFA player and the rest of the season's fixtures are played out on PS4 and streamed for the quarantined masses.

:albion2:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Void the season sadly. Can't see the point in postponing games for a month or two. The virus will still be around in April, May, June and sure enough another player or players will pick it up in the next few weeks, so we can't keep delaying it. Best to scrap it as harsh as that might be, with a view to hopefully starting afresh from August (assuming the virus has been curtailed or under control at this point).

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Interesting that paul barber in the email re the postponement rather than saying a rescheduled date will be announced in due course says we will update you on future fixtures when able to do so

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Void the season sadly. Can't see the point in postponing games for a month or two. The virus will still be around in April, May, June and sure enough another player or players will pick it up in the next few weeks, so we can't keep delaying it. Best to scrap it as harsh as that might be, with a view to hopefully starting afresh from August (assuming the virus has been curtailed or under control at this point).

This ... and decide it sooner rather than later to manage the virus once and for all rather than incrementally, manage expectations and stop speculation.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Interesting that paul barber in the email re the postponement rather than saying a rescheduled date will be announced in due course says we will update you on future fixtures when able to do so

I guess he "needs" to say that until Premier League says "we have finally accepted reality".

We'll see if that is today or if they first are going to investigate the possibilities of playing somewhere safer, like the Mmabatho Stadium.
CJgDloeUMAAuMA6.jpg

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
This ... and decide it sooner rather than later to manage the virus once and for all rather than incrementally, manage expectations and stop speculation.

Agreed - suspect initial approach will be to suspend the leagues for a fortnight but with the situation developing fast I suspect in two weeks time a decision will be made (assuming things get worse) to abandon this season rather than delay it even further.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Agreed - suspect initial approach will be to suspend the leagues for a fortnight but with the situation developing fast I suspect in two weeks time a decision will be made (assuming things get worse) to abandon this season rather than delay it even further.

That's pretty much how I see it right now

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I guess he "needs" to say that until Premier League says "we have finally accepted reality".

We'll see if that is today or if they first are going to investigate the possibilities of playing somewhere safer, like the Mmabatho Stadium.
View attachment 120977

Just thought it interesting that there is no guarantee given that it will be rescheduled

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I cannot see the season being pulled forever. Just stopped. If teams were denied promotion etc it would end up in the courts.

I suspect it will be suspended for a short time and then they will look at the longer term as events unfold.

No Euros (Let's face it, they're off) potentially means extra time available.

We could still be a Division 1 club come August either way..,..

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I cannot see the season being pulled forever. Just stopped. If teams were denied promotion etc it would end up in the courts.

I suspect it will be suspended for a short time and then they will look at the longer term as events unfold.

No Euros (Let's face it, they're off) potentially means extra time available.

Some type of CL/EL/promotion/relegation-mega-playoff is what I'd expect once this is over in a few months (or years...)

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Premier League plans for the remainder of the season

Entire Everton squad in isolation

Watford player with symptoms

Ligue 1 suspended

Next weeks Champions League and Europa League ties postponed

England’s cricket tour of Sri Lanka called off

It’s all happening

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron