Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League plans for the remainder of the season *** ALL FIXTURES POSTPONED 3rd April

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Also what about away tickets already purchased for Norwich ?

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
b3470d423fd69bc2b18e1a4837ef699c.jpg

Game still on says barber although no bottle tops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So has any of this been confirmed yet?

Or is this thread, and title, still about rumourmongery?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Millions of commuters each day are getting on packed trains and buses traveling too and from metropolitan centers.

Cancelling a football match just seems disproportionate to what is the current events of daily life.

There will be as much chance (probably more chance) catching the virus in Churchill Square or Sainsbury's West Hove on Saturday than there is at the Amex.

The biggest risk Saturday will be the trains and buses, but they are packed each and every day. :shrug:

Unless you have a country wide lock down, then cancelling or putting matches on behind closed doors is just tokenism.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Millions of commuters each day are getting on packed trains and buses traveling too and from metropolitan centers.

Cancelling a football match just seems disproportionate to what is the current events of daily life.

There will be as much chance (probably more chance) catching the virus in Churchill Square or Sainsbury's West Hove on Saturday than there is at the Amex.

The biggest risk Saturday will be the trains and buses, but they are packed each and every day. :shrug:

Unless you have a country wide lock down, then cancelling or putting matches on behind closed doors is just tokenism.

It is likely that people will be asked to work from home as part of the measures to contain the virus. this should mean that there won't be so many people using public transport for work etc.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So has any of this been confirmed yet?

Or is this thread, and title, still about rumourmongery?

No.

It is a 'crisis plan' that the FA have been asked to draw up for consideration by government as they make plans for various scenarios. Nothing to say whether it will be implemented or not.

Unless you shut down the country, I can't see what cancelling football matches achieves as stated above. :shrug:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
It is likely that people will be asked to work from home as part of the measures to contain the virus. this should mean that there won't be so many people using public transport for work etc.

It's definitely less busy already. I actually got a seat on the tube yesterday morning getting on at Victoria. Unheard of :ohmy:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

This.

The main cringe watching the Liverpool game last night was the 'no handshake' pantomime, quickly followed by hands everywhere, heads in close contact, and litres of gobbing.

People in charge of shit about which they know nothing are pathetic.

Mrs T tells me the urgent care clinic at our GP practice (where you go if you don't fancy making an appointment and waiting 3 weeks to see a doctor) is now being replaced by 'an online system'. Who made that decision?

The same sort of middle ranking twunts who cancelled May exams at the uni where I work with no consultation yesterday. My head of department told me it was 'far too important to make a quick decision to permit consultation with stake holders'.

Stand by for more of this shite. This is bordering on martial law now, with every tin pot dictator announcing edicts.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Its not even anything to do with that.

F**k the "fit footballer" who can probably shake this virus off - thats largely irrelevant, Its who HE comes into contact with, and passes it on to someone, who passes it on to someone, who passes it on to someone who CAN'T cope - maybe even in the very 1st instance.

Thats the primary issue here.

Who knows what is going to hapeen, or when this pandemic will finally come to an end.

These are unprecedented times people , unprecedented times.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

If that happens as part of a much broader 'lock down' of the country, then I can understand making matches behind closed doors. Without wholesale measures across the board nationwide, hitting sporting events is just meaningless.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I can see where you are coming from, but I can't afford to be as noble as you (and I am sure that there are many others in the same boat). Whilst these are unprecedented times, I would certainly expect some form of recompense as a result of this. Especially as the measures that are "allegedly" going to happen are all in place to protect the interests of Sky & BT and not the average punter.

I am going to be pedantic. You say ‘you cannot afford’, but you can. Season tickets are already paid for, not going to matches will actually save you money. Unfair it maybe, but go sue the virus?

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
I am going to be pedantic. You say ‘you cannot afford’, but you can. Season tickets are already paid for, not going to matches will actually save you money. Unfair it maybe, but go sue the virus?

Fair point....but we are paying for the "privilege" of entering the stadium and watching live action, as opposed to a crappy stream. We are paying for something that (for whatever reason) is not being delivered. It's not the club's fault...but neither is it mine. Just my opinion thats all.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If that happens as part of a much broader 'lock down' of the country, then I can understand making matches behind closed doors. Without wholesale measures across the board nationwide, hitting sporting events is just meaningless.

It will ultimately hit all facets of society. Some are just delaying the inevitable.

On the radio this morning, I heard the presenter tell me to stay tuned for exciting news about the Glastonbury line up.

What is the point in even pretending, that will go ahead!?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Fair point....but we are paying for the "privilege" of entering the stadium and watching live action, as opposed to a crappy stream. We are paying for something that (for whatever reason) is not being delivered. It's not the club's fault...but neither is it mine. Just my opinion thats all.

In ‘normal’ circumstances I would be utterly and completely in agreement with you. But life is going to be EXTRAORDINARILY different to normal over the next few months.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

of course, but alternative is criticism of not doing enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here