Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League plans for the remainder of the season *** ALL FIXTURES POSTPONED 3rd April

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Just great, my first visit in 15 years and this happens.
Won't even get to see games at the Amex, just great.
In another 15 years if I get to return I will be 75, just great.
Couldn't have been a more shit year for my 60th birthday.
Will probably have to spend it alone in a closed room with a few cans, 'king perfect.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Just cancel the season today.

Reset the table and start again from game 1 in September.

No one is mathematically up or down, so best write it off.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
1. The article isn't consistent in regards to no Saturday 3pm broadcasts and yet ticket holders will be able to stream games - which is it?
2. The implication is we won't be getting refunds for games we're banned from. Matt Hancock has said he expects the virus pandemic to be done 'within a year'. On that basis, I would be seriously considering cancelling the DD for the 3 tickets we have.

PG

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
1. The article isn't consistent in regards to no Saturday 3pm broadcasts and yet ticket holders will be able to stream games - which is it?
2. The implication is we won't be getting refunds for games we're banned from. Matt Hancock has said he expects the virus pandemic to be done 'within a year'. On that basis, I would be seriously considering cancelling the DD for the 3 tickets we have.

PG

I read it as ticket holders will be able to stream all games but 3.00pm games won’t be televised.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Whilst I do 'lump sum', can you actually do that?

Isn't the DD part of an annual contract for the ST?

It is, but then the contract also says we're supposed to be allowed to go to games! Funnily enough, the deadline for cancelling next season was....yesterday.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
So the main thing I take from that is that even during a crisis like this, predictably the main thing the authorities care about is money and protecting their TV rights.

Why can’t they just make a clear decision now rather than leaving fans hanging on and confused. This is a total one off, why don’t they just announce now that all games are going to be played behind closed doors and streamed live. Seems to make the most sense.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
So the main thing I take from that is that even during a crisis like this, predictably the main thing the authorities care about is money and protecting their TV rights.

Why can’t they just make a clear decision now rather than leaving fans hanging on and confused. This is a total one off, why don’t they just announce now that all games are going to be played behind closed doors and streamed live. Seems to make the most sense.

This has always been about money .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
So, we might well miss Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Man U and Newcastle.

Anyone expecting some sort of refund?

source.gif

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Will we get refunds?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I’m sure many people will disagree with me but i actually feel that no crowd for our remaining home games may actually help us. We sometimes in my opinion seem a bit reticent when playing at home and the crowd are expecting us to attack all the time .

We often play better away from home without that level of crowd expectation.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Apparently they're looking at all players having to play in bio-hazzard suits for the remaining games. That could be fun!

Bio.jpg

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Premier League plans for the remainder of the season

Will a 'silent' atmosphere help or hinder our players?

Needs a poll.

I really believe that the home team will lose it’s advantage which is a big issue for us as we’ve saved most of our ‘top six’ home games until March and April.

Still, we’ve got a chance at Leicester without the clackers!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
5a866d95464fdac7486c06c1266c7ae8.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here