Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League plans for the remainder of the season *** ALL FIXTURES POSTPONED 3rd April

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No you can't sue a paramedic but you can sue a governing body of a sport for how they choose to implement their rules. Clubs can and do all the time. Whatever, the rights and wrongs of the argument we are talking about decisions that will potentially cost some clubs hundreds of millions of pounds. Does anyone seriously think clubs will just go along with whatever is decided regardless of how that decision is reached?

You can sue a paramedic, but you can't sue a pandemic. :facepalm:

Bit difficult to sue a government for passing legislation too, even if that legislation forces you to do something you don't want but can't avoid, and thoroughly pisses you off. Anybody would think that football is the only business that this pandemic is going to cost them £Ms!

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
You can sue a paramedic, but you can't sue a pandemic. :facepalm:

Bit difficult to sue a government for passing legislation too, even if that legislation forces you to do something you don't want but can't avoid, and thoroughly pisses you off. Anybody would think that football is the only business that this pandemic is going to cost them £Ms!

Whoops misread it shoot me.

Why would the government force the leagues to be declared null and void? How they deal with the delay caused by the pandemic is a matter for the various leagues administrations. Do you seriously think Boris is going to say I hate Leeds lets declare the Championship null and void that'll **** em up?

When the all clear is eventually given, whenever that might be the leagues will have a decision to make. Finish what was on going or void it. If they void it, they risk that decision being challenged in the courts, that being the case they had better have a cast iron justification for the decision in the statues because it will get challenged by the losers whoever they end up being...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Whoops misread it shoot me.
Consider yourself shot! :)

Why would the government force the leagues to be declared null and void? How they deal with the delay caused by the pandemic is a matter for the various leagues administrations. Do you seriously think Boris is going to say I hate Leeds lets declare the Championship null and void that'll **** em up?
No I don't think that. The government will pass emergency legislation. If this makes it impossible and/or impractical to complete this season, the PL won't be liable. Force majeur.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Consider yourself shot! :)

No I don't think that. The government will pass emergency legislation. If this makes it impossible and/or impractical to complete this season, the PL won't be liable. Force majeur.

Time will tell no doubt, but I don't think force majeur would apply I think it would mean the taxpayer picking up the compo claims instead. Too much money at stake for people to be reasonable.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Time will tell no doubt, but I don't think force majeur would apply I think it would mean the taxpayer picking up the compo claims instead. Too much money at stake for people to be reasonable.
Football isn't the only business that will suffer financial loss. May businesses will go out of business altogether. At the moment the government is making huge efforts to get financial help out to all sorts of people.
If the mega-rich football and pay TV companies come marching up with their smart lawyers, desperate agents, and a begging bowl, I really think this government will simply tell them to do one. And in that they would have my whole hearted support.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here