Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League Covid party players... what shoud happen?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
There should have already been an FA punishment set in place so that the players and clubs would know what the consequences would be. If they haven't done so yet it should be something that is set in place henceforth.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Six game ban and wages reduced to national minimum wage for that period.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If they've broken the law, and its proven, £10k fine for the players, and a decent fine for the clubs. THe Fa should do that. The Governement should be having a word with the Fa as well. At the very least each player should have to self isolate for 10-14 days, test negative, and a 3 match ban maybe . . .

The suggestion of revoking visas for foreigners is the kind of bollocks I'd expect Farage to come out with.

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
Point reductions for the clubs; if they're not going to deal with it internally, then the threat of point deductions should be enough to warrant action. If player actions should continue, then the FA should be able to fine players themselves, they have the power to do some fines, so maybe they can extend them further.

But I prefer a points reduction for the club instead.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Yes it’s illegal.

However it’s only punishable by a fine of up to £10k

Which obviously means f all to players on PL wages

maybe, but if the police followed up it would be a signal to the public to follow. FA/league/club should apply additional bans.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Someone has to start being fined for breaking the latest COVID law. I’m fine with that being high profile footballers, as it sends a message to others who think it doesn’t apply to them. An enforced isolation period would get the clubs attention, too.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Seeing as none of those players look to be holders of British passports, and they have committed a criminal offence, revoke their visas. Other players might actually take note in the future.

This, and intern them all at the Gatwick Holding Facility, and make sure the TV’s in their cells only get BBC One and Channel 5 😂

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Will be just another 1 of many signs that if you have money you can do what you want with very little consequence.

Personally I would ban them from football grounds until fans are allowed back in ground after all it isn't safe for us so it is safe for them, I would also hand out hefty fines for the clubs.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
This, and intern them all at the Gatwick Holding Facility, and make sure the TV’s in their cells only get BBC One and Channel 5 😂

I wouldn’t even make a mass murderer watch The One Show

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Some players are as thick as pig shit, who knew?
Personally, im disappointed our captain was involved, and our reaction to it wasnt hard enough.
These players are role models to lots of people, and should take this responsibility more seriously.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The FA / PL should be setting out a mandatory rule, across the board, that if any player is found guilty of breaching Covid regulations, then they are banned from all football activities for 2 months from the date of the offence. No training with the squad. No games. Nothing.

See you in 60 days (if you can keep your dickhead down long enough).

You know how the PFA have done absolutely frick all, allowing players to go unpaid and clubs to face extinction, while sitting on accounts that would make the Swiss blush.

Well guess what would happen if the PL tried to implement that.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
A ban, plus £10k fine for first hour spent at party, £100k for second hour etc...the w*ankers can afford it. If poor ('antisocial') students get fined £10k, why are'professional' footballers immune to it? It beggars belief.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I have the perfect solution. They should be compelled to work as supply teachers at schools for the next month. After all, they are clearly of the opinion that their festivities have no effect on the spread of the virus so they should consider it a very safe environment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here