Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premier League, Champions League

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
If Richard Keys and Andy Gray still want to go on about the PL being the best league in the world, and then say how it is beneficial to us having 4 clubs in CL, they should try and say that with a straight face after watching the game tonight..

It is PATENTLY clear, the Champions League is NO help for our domestic football, so what would we lose by revamping the format? It actually seems as since our clubs have been doing better in it, England have been doing worse in internationals.

Sure a yank or a russian will get to hold a shiney trophy or two and corporate types will get to watch their premier league games, but don't be fooled for a SECOND that will transfer into the international game. Things ain't getting better, things will be getting even worse.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Interesting post.

Out of interest does anybody know how the England team done while the club teams were banned from Europe.

I do think that the Premiership player wise is the best in the World, but the players that make it this way are not English. I think it's a fact that English players are just not getting the chances to play in 1st teams like they used to.

Things like the "John Bostock" situation aren't helping either as sooner or later clubs are going to start thinking that the money put into youth academies and the like isn't worth it for the return you get.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Andy Gray was an average 1st Division player who wouldn't get a game in the top 5/6 teams in the Premier League today.

He talks a load of hindsighted bol*ux too.

The Champions League is a cash cow with 4 "champions" from this country's league in it.

It should be returned to an open draw,champions only,knock out cup.Then managers could take a rest from moaning about fixture congestion,player exhaustion and such,and just get on with the job.

But today's football in the Premier division is all about cash,Sky,and rip off,with some average to mediocre players,many from abroad,being paid huge amounts for very little.

Well,as long as they can kiss the badge,eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here