[Albion] Premier League block Shelter's 'away shirt at home' awareness day

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Non story.

IT is in the Premier League rules. The very same rules all 20 clubs have the power to change at the start of the season. Perhaps Brighton and Wolves should have had some foresight and proposed this not during a season?

As defined in Section M.22., "the 1st priority are the outfield players of the Home Club who shall wear their home Strip". The 2nd priority are the outfield players of the Visiting Club, followed by the keeper kits.

(Some) super-rich clubs turning down a pretty simple charity request is absolutely a story.

Clubs are happy to send out their players in 2nd and 3rd kits when away from home, even when there's no kit clash - to meet contractual obligations with kit suppliers.

And there are PLENTY of examples of football authorities allowing exemptions to their own kits/sponsor rules during a season - for lesser, more-commercial reasons...

brighton-away-2005-1.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
(Some) super-rich clubs turning down a pretty simple charity request is absolutely a story.

Clubs are happy to send out their players in 2nd and 3rd kits when away from home, even when there's no kit clash - to meet contractual obligations with kit suppliers.

And there are PLENTY of examples of football authorities allowing exemptions to their own kits/sponsor rules during a season - for lesser, more-commercial reasons...

View attachment 142006

Still got that shirt in the loft

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

View attachment 142006

So it isn't the Premier League then - but a number of clubs in the Premier League?

Why don't we just have a charity for every 'Match Week' and do the same thing throughout the season? Why just Shelter?

It all seems a bit flawed to me

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
So it isn't the Premier League then - but a number of clubs in the Premier League?

You seem confused. The Premier League is run by the Premier League clubs.

This request probably required 14 clubs to agree to it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You seem confused. The Premier League is run by the Premier League clubs.

I’m aware of that as I made others aware above.

Seems a deliberately misleading piece, who was against it and why ? The story obviously leaked from a club supporting it

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I’m aware of that as I made others aware above.

Seems a deliberately misleading piece, who was against it and why ? The story obviously leaked from a club supporting it

Your 7th (SEVENTH) post about a non-story on NSC.

Man, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] needs to give me a payrise.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Your 7th (SEVENTH) post about a non-story on NSC.

Man, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] needs to give me a payrise.

[emoji2375]

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Do they? Where does it legislate for that? The PL don't make the rules, they enforce them. The PL clubs that season sign off on the rules for that season.

Always love it when I'm part quoted .... just seems like someone avoiding the points they can't answer ! An EGM - via Zoom - would solve this problem .... I really don't see why this can't be done.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think the Premier League could do a lot more to raise awareness of important issues and causes by amending their rules on kits.

Look what cricket has achieved for breast cancer by allowing the Pink Test, while Major League Baseball does special kits for Memorial Day, 4th of July, Mother's Day and Father's Day to help raise funds for good causes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Silly but no need for awareness really, what is needed is action: the UK could easily build 300 000 apartments to house all the homeless, same goes for any Western country but a lack of housing keeps prices up.

There are over half a million empty properties in this country lying empty. Foreign owners buying property in London just for investment value. Money laundering etc

I would prefer legislation to ban people from owning more than two homes. I can understand one town house and one country/coast house, but there are people who own five or six homes.
Before anyone piles in with whatabout the royals, there are several families involved not just one direct family, :lolol:

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
There are over half a million empty properties in this country lying empty. Foreign owners buying property in London just for investment value. Money laundering etc

I would prefer legislation to ban people from owning more than two homes. I can understand one town house and one country/coast house, but there are people who own five or six homes.
Before anyone piles in with whatabout the royals, there are several families involved not just one direct family, :lolol:
But would that help? There are people who own properties and rent them out. How would it help solve a housing shortage if they were forced to sell them and their tenants were out on the street? Even if there was a forced government purchase and the government, local or national, took over the job of landlord, it wouldn't solve any problem unless (like Rackmann) they put several families in one house.

Foreign owners may be buying houses for investment value, but they are renting them out. The intention might be to make a capital profit, but that doesn't mean they turn up their noses at the income.

If half a million houses are empty at any one time, that's about 2% of the total. That doesn't seem so bad, really. What with deaths and people moving into nursing homes, and between-lets, and moving house generally, and houses in areas where no-one wants to live, I would have thought 98% occupancy is pretty good. How many habitable properties are empty long term?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Premier League clubs are allowed to wear a different kit for one game a season (I believe), this is usually used at the end of the season for the launch of the following season's kit.

I think it is a really good idea - asking fans to consider those 'without a home' by wearing away kits at Christmas. Hopefully common sense will prevail.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But would that help? There are people who own properties and rent them out. How would it help solve a housing shortage if they were forced to sell them and their tenants were out on the street? Even if there was a forced government purchase and the government, local or national, took over the job of landlord, it wouldn't solve any problem unless (like Rackmann) they put several families in one house.

Foreign owners may be buying houses for investment value, but they are renting them out. The intention might be to make a capital profit, but that doesn't mean they turn up their noses at the income.

If half a million houses are empty at any one time, that's about 2% of the total. That doesn't seem so bad, really. What with deaths and people moving into nursing homes, and between-lets, and moving house generally, and houses in areas where no-one wants to live, I would have thought 98% occupancy is pretty good. How many habitable properties are empty long term?

It's all here.

https://www.bigissue.com/news/housing/how-many-empty-homes-are-there-in-the-uk/

Wealthy office block owners are whinging about people working from home, so firms not renting office space. So, convert the offices into apartments and get rents.
Empty AirB&B properties that aren't being used now due to covid.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's all here.

https://www.bigissue.com/news/housing/how-many-empty-homes-are-there-in-the-uk/

Wealthy office block owners are whinging about people working from home, so firms not renting office space. So, convert the offices into apartments and get rents.
Empty AirB&B properties that aren't being used now due to covid.

Do you know how many AirB&B properties that this currently applies to ..are they in the right location?
The ‘empty’ office blocks ..how many in say Brighton? Or other areas of homelessness …would apartments be suitable for families…how quickly could this be done etc
As the other poster said to legislate on those who hold a portfolio of properties that they let out seems counter productive and mean
Still you’d let people keep their second home …aren’t they quite often in areas like Cornwall where many can’t even stay in the town they were born in due to people buying second homes etc etc

Re the Shelter bit it’s disappointing that the PL can’t accommodate this initiative

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think I'd prefer a day when away teams all wore their proper (home) shirts, unless there was a genuine difficulty in telling the teams apart. Come to think of it, I'd like that every day!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports