Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 8-10/2/22

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Wilfrid HAHA. That was amazing. Thank you you insufferable ****. Thank you again for pointing to to turf as if it was the floor's fault afterwards. Wonderful.

It was. His left leg completely gave way as he went to strike it.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Ditto, especially with diving cheat Kane.

“Oh when the Spurs goes losing again” sung, really, really slowly.

Incredible stats away against the big spenders.

View attachment 144925

We always seem to play within our normal selves at WHL, I’d love the Albion to win there …. this century.

That does kind of highlight how shit we were last weekend.

Hopefully we try a bit in the league match

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That does kind of highlight how shit we were last weekend.

Hopefully we try a bit in the league match

I thought that the 'spurs expose Brighton's weaknesses' narrative seemed a little overstated, but I was listening to the radio and only glancing at the TV, so wasn't overly sure. It seemed like the goals were webster giving the ball away under little pressure, then the defence giving Kane too much time and space to pick out a shot, their second was a wicked deflection that would have otherwise caused us no issue, the third was an embarrassing msicommunication between webster and sanchez (and in fairness, our goal was the result of a wicked deflection, too!). Seemed like they won and appeared more dominant because too many of our players were under-performing rather than because everything was coming together and Conte was starting to have an effect on them.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I thought that the 'spurs expose Brighton's weaknesses' narrative seemed a little overstated, but I was listening to the radio and only glancing at the TV, so wasn't overly sure. It seemed like the goals were webster giving the ball away under little pressure, then the defence giving Kane too much time and space to pick out a shot, their second was a wicked deflection that would have otherwise caused us no issue, the third was an embarrassing msicommunication between webster and sanchez (and in fairness, our goal was the result of a wicked deflection, too!). Seemed like they won and appeared more dominant because too many of our players were under-performing rather than because everything was coming together and Conte was starting to have an effect on them.

100 percent. But I'm still utterly gutted that a limited side like Southampton succeeded where we failed so miserably.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It was. His left leg completely gave way as he went to strike it.

If a player or ball is in close proximity his left and right leg has a habit of giving way anywhere on the pitch.
But on this occasion I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt and I think he got confused and tried a dive just before he hit the penalty, to get another penalty.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
1 on 1

Salah does a Maipay or a Gordon Smith. Thank God for Craig Maskell

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here