Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 7-8/10/23

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Clear dive from Bissouma for a second yellow and he's off.

Does that become a 2 game ban? One for the snding off for two yellows, one for the 5th yellow?
I asked my good friend ChatGPT. It suggests no. ( I think as it contradicts itself)

In the English Premier League, as of my last knowledge update in September 2021, if a player receives a second yellow card (which results in a red card) in the same game in which they already have accumulated five yellow cards, the first yellow card does count toward the suspension.

Here's how it works:

1. Accumulating five yellow cards triggers an automatic one-match suspension.
  2. If a player receives a second yellow card (resulting in a red card) in the same game where they have already accumulated five yellow cards, they will serve a one-match suspension for the red card offense.
So, in this scenario, the player would serve a one-game suspension for the red card and then be eligible to play again, but they would still carry the accumulated yellow cards into subsequent matches. This means that after serving the suspension, they would still be on 4 yellow cards toward their next suspension.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Clear dive from Bissouma for a second yellow and he's off.

Does that become a 2 game ban? One for the snding off for two yellows, one for the 5th yellow?

1 game ban for the red but he will now go back to being 1 yellow away from another 1 game ban

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It feels a bit like punching down considering where Luton have come from in the past 10 years but they're such a limited side for this level. They play every game like a lower league team in an F.A cup tie against a big club.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Luton don't look like a Premier League team. This looks like Spurs are playing away at a lower league team in a cup game. One of the worst, if not the worst team ever at this level of football.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Nutmegs Cucurella and Sanchez sinks to his knees to watch it roll past him. Don't know what we ever saw in them :lolol:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
ManUre losing at home. Again.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here