Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 6-8/5/23

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I always worry when we play City and Arsenal were good against us (and met us at the best time, but still have to play us at home). United and Newcastle are good teams but certainly no better than us as the last 3.5 hours against United have proven.

And I really think Spurs, Liverpool and Villa are some way behind us this season, and particularly in 2023 :shrug:

So, if we made the Champions league, it may be unrealistic but certainly not underserved ?
Arsenal weren’t that much better than us. We were missing Mac and Moises and were a toenail being offside away from making it 3-4, that could have had them on the ropes and set up a big finish. As it was even at 2-4 I felt they were hanging on towards the end. We’ve improved massively since then and have nothing to fear.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Oh dear, that's West Ham getting an apology in the morning. I'd be fuming if that happend agaisnt us.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
VAR doing another fabulous job. Those half time replays show that really should have been a West Ham penalty. Lindelof clearly moves his arm towards the ball.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
They always were annoying twats.
I see Attwell is at it again.
Blatant red card - endangering a player. And then a 100% handball. Lindelof has just elbowed it away - moved his elbow to the ball and knocked it away.
What about that Howard Webb. Down to you again
VAR doing another fabulous job. Those half time replays show that really should have been a West Ham penalty. Lindelof clearly moves his arm towards the ball.
Attwell innit
Scandalous!

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
One thing is clear, De Gea really can't play out from the back, all over the shop and nearly gifted West Ham another goal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I appreciate this is a post for AFTER the game, but a fair few seem to be talking about Utd as if they're the Utd of old.

A team that starts with Weghorst isn't guaranteed to beat Bournemouth.

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
Projecting forward. If this game finishes with a West Ham win then if Brighton won the rest of their games, the maximum points that teams can get would be:
Brighton: 73
Man Utd: 75
Newcastle: 74 (if they lose to Brighton)
Liverpool: 71.

Of course it’s extremely unlikely that we’d win all of our games but we’ve won on our last two visits to the Emirates and we’re a better side than Villa and Newcastle….

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
West Ham deserve this, but you can't help feel the officials might stop them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Projecting forward. If this game finishes with a West Ham win then if Brighton won the rest of their games, the maximum points that teams can get will be:
Brighton: 73
Man Utd: 75
Newcastle: 74 (if they lose to Brighton)
Liverpool: 71.

Of course it’s extremely unlikely that we’d win all of our games but we’ve won on our last two visits to the Emirates and we’re a better side then Villa and Newcastle….
And we're miles better than City.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm not convinced it is a massive error for the penalty. At the point the ball makes contact with the hand, his hand is at his side (albeit with the rest of his arm sticking out from his side). So I can see why VAR wouldn't overrule it.

To the discussion of our run in, at the risk of cursing us... we have games that on paper are very winnable (everton, southampton). The worry that some people seem to have are the games v Villa, Newcaslte, Arsenal and City, but:
We have a great record v arsenal (and after the initial blitz from them, a weakened side were looking good earlier this season), so should be able to consider it winnable
Villa have played a few games more, which flatters their position in the table, might have nothing to paly for on the final day, making it more winnable than it might seem at the moment
Newcastle - we've beaten them 4 times since getting to the premier league, losing once. Winnable.
City - by the time we play them they could have won the title (especially if we've already beaten Arsenal), and be looking ahead to the FA cup/champions league finals

Not the most likely of outcomes. We don't frequently win more than three in a row. But I'd rather keep the dream alive as long as possible

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
United have been shite ever since they fell out of Europe, we were so unlucky at Wembley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here