[Albion] Premier League 6-8/3/21

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Well yes, that's all true, but I'd hardly use today's result to say that Fulham were 'battlers' and we aren't when we've both won at anfield. Fulham have had some equally pathetic results to us and will definitely be losing more games between now and May.

Let's hope so

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Seems like you need a dummy and blanket, and have a sleep.

Really what about a manager that shows no passion yet stands there and says it a bit of a blow. No it's not a bit of a blow it's concerning that we can't appear to play out games. How many now is it in the last ten minutes yet we don't ever appear to be able to do it late on up the other end. His subs are not helping us and last night no defensive cover.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
That's fine but when you have a wet blanket motivating the team are we up for the fight?

We have what we have. I don’t get to make that choice. Uncle Tony does and I trust him to do what’s best over the longer term. I’ll support the team whoever is at the helm and whatever division that is in. We’ve all seen far worse times than this (unless you’re under 15).

If that makes me a “licker” then so be it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We have what we have. I don’t get to make that choice. Uncle Tony does and I trust him to do what’s best over the longer term. I’ll support the team whoever is at the helm and whatever division that is in. We’ve all seen far worse times than this (unless you’re under 15).

If that makes me a “licker” then so be it.

Might as well close down the forum then.

Its purpose is debate but not ever questioning what's going on makes being here pointless.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Brace! Brace!

AEF3E2C4-A8F3-4767-A33D-635E9EC1BDC2.jpeg

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Might as well close down the forum then.

Its purpose is debate but not ever questioning what's going on makes being here pointless.

Poppycock!

You might feel the purpose of the forum is debate but it fulfils different roles for different people. I like NSC because it’s an arena where we’re all here because of a shared interest. It’s the same pleasure I get at a good, obscure gig.

I expect many of us here visit for other reasons too.

You seem quite angry. That’s fine. I get angry about the actual matches too but until I find a few billion pounds under the mattress, I’m powerless to change what happens on the pitch. I’m able to let the in-game anger subside fairly quickly*. I’d suggest that’s probably a little healthier than your fast track to an ulcer but whatever floats your boat.

(*except for that Palace match. I couldn’t hold a civil conversation for a couple of days after that one)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Football is amazing really.
Fine lines.
Fine lines.
Our players need to respond now because it is getting a bit squeaky bum. We need 4 points from our next two games.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Poppycock!

You might feel the purpose of the forum is debate but it fulfils different roles for different people. I like NSC because it’s an arena where we’re all here because of a shared interest. It’s the same pleasure I get at a good, obscure gig.

I expect many of us here visit for other reasons too.

You seem quite angry. That’s fine. I get angry about the actual matches too but until I find a few billion pounds under the mattress, I’m powerless to change what happens on the pitch. I’m able to let the in-game anger subside fairly quickly*. I’d suggest that’s probably a little healthier than your fast track to an ulcer but whatever floats your boat.

(*except for that Palace match. I couldn’t hold a civil conversation for a couple of days after that one)

Yes I am angry because too often it's the same pattern of play. If you keep doing the same things you can't expect the results to change. The debate I have is the manager appears to lack the ability to change the team during the last part of any game that makes the job of winning any easier. What games have we scored late on to win? Conversely how many games have we lost due to conceding in the last 10? 2 to 9 it is.

If I'm not allowed to post it here where do I? You don't have to agree or even read my posts up to you. There appears to a number that agree me with though. Why were you so more wound up over the Palace game may I ask? Just another game that we threw away points.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Yes I am angry because too often it's the same pattern of play. If you keep doing the same things you can't expect the results to change. The debate I have is the manager appears to lack the ability to change the team during the last part of any game that makes the job of winning any easier. What games have we scored late on to win? Conversely how many games have we lost due to conceding in the last 10? 2 to 9 it is.

If I'm not allowed to post it here where do I? You don't have to agree or even read my posts up to you. There appears to a number that agree me with though. Why were you so more wound up over the Palace game may I ask? Just another game that we threw away points.

OK. Let’s deconstruct that and try to build a bridge too.

I didn’t suggest you couldn’t post your remarks on here. Precisely the opposite, in fact. You suggested closing the forum down if it was full of my kind of comments. As far as I’m concerned, you may post whatever you like. Debate is definitely one of the key functions of this forum; it’s just not the only one, which was my point.

Turning to bridge building mode, I don’t even disagree with your frustration at what is happening on the pitch. You and I are clearly different in respect of how much we carry that frustration forward into the following week and that’s fine. Different strokes and all that.

As regards Potter, I take the view that he’s still learning his craft and that we should be careful what we wish for. I like that the club has a long term plan and I am prepared (not happy) to take the bumps in the road provided I can see secure foundations being laid. Our league position is treacherous but our academy and its product are not so I will trust those pulling the strings.

I don’t blindly accept poor performance. Back in the day I wrote my letters, I attended the marches and, on an especially satisfying occasion, I got to doorstep John Prescott in India and ask how the planning application was going. His reply... “Jesus, you people get absolutely everywhere”. My point is I got militant back then because our very future was in jeopardy. Only the biggest pessimist would think that now, which is why I am prepared to cut the manager and board some slack.

You clearly want more immediate action and Potter’s sacking. Plenty of people here do agree with you. Again, it’s all about opinions and I’ve no problem with that. Debate is fine and actually healthy. You’ll never change your mind if it’s not challenged. I just like debate to be civilised and measured. A difference of opinion doesn’t need to make enemies out of those holding them. If I can’t change your mind and you can’t change mine, we can just disagree, move on and ultimately find something else we do agree on.

Oh! And in response to your question. I was more angry about the Palace match because it was Palace. I’m surprised that would even need explaining but to me, that isn’t just another match. It just isn’t. What can I say? I just loathe them. I’m shallow like that.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Fascinating how many in the "Potter out camp" that writes 20 posts a day about how shit GP is just to follow it up with a "why am I not allowed to post about it?"

You are obviously allowed to post about it but people might disagree/get tired of it and tell you that you're wrong. Its not the same thing as "not allowing it".

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Football is amazing really.
Fine lines.
Fine lines.
Our players need to respond now because it is getting a bit squeaky bum. We need 4 points from our next two games.

200 (1).gif

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports