Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
65303240285637842cb24b040ee2013e.jpg

Emperor Palpatine

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
That Soucek red card decision really is as bad as it gets. One of the worst decisions I've seen, no hyperbole. Absolutely embarrassing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don’t really blame dean there.

The VAR ref has obviously said he thinks it’s a red, which means Dean goes over to the screen with that mindset

They then slow it down completely which makes it look worse

VAR is a getting worse every week

Come on. VAR doesn't make mistakes. Referees make mistakes. And the decisions have improved every week, with the occasional howler. The clamour about VAR is nothing like it was when it first came in.

I have always said if in 20 seconds the VAR ref can't decide the decision should go in favour of no offence. Generally this rule wouldn't be needed but with disruptive refs like Dean (who probably wants to undermine VAR) it may help.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Mitrovic made a massive meal of that. He has to carry soke of the blame for getting a fellow professional sent off.

I'm not sure if appreciate an elbow in the face and how I'd react. It was poor firm from Soucek, why did he have his elbows up that high before the FK was even taken? It was dangerous play and it needs to be eradicated from the game, two experienced refs saw it and agreed, I'm not sure why everyone feels the need to get agitated by such a decision.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I'm not sure if appreciate an elbow in the face and how I'd react. It was poor firm from Soucek, why did he have his elbows up that high before the FK was even taken? It was dangerous play and it needs to be eradicated from the game, two experienced refs saw it and agreed, I'm not sure why everyone feels the need to get agitated by such a decision.

Because it is so clear that he was trying to free his arms and get past Mitrovic to get a better position for the freekick and was very obviously not trying to elbow him. Odd that you can't see that as a possibility.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

It was approximately 2% as dangerous as Westwood’s forearm smash on MacAllisterin the 90th minute of our game.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Because it is so clear that he was trying to free his arms and get past Mitrovic to get a better position for the freekick and was very obviously not trying to elbow him. Odd that you can't see that as a possibility.
So to get his better position for the free kick he felt the need to elbow an opponent in the face? The law says this was dangerous play.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
So to get his better position for the free kick he felt the need to elbow an opponent in the face? The law says this was dangerous play.

Let's agree to differ. I don't think he elbowed him in the face. I think his elbow glaced his face as they were wrestling for a best position to attack/defend the free kick (my guess is that he was being held and he was lifting his arm over the defender to try and pull himself free and into the box - but we'll never know for sure). You think he elbowed him, presumably deliberately if you're using the term "elbowed". That's the joy of sport isn't it - the difference of opinion.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
I skipped to a minute before that and it's just makes it better. He's talking like they've won, and then the free kick happens.
It's unreal, absolutely hilarious. I do have a tinge of guilt because I know the torment of how it feels, but then again it's Man U haha

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here