Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 6-7/4/24

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I can see why the Wolves goal was ruled out. Subjective, but Fabianski would have much preferred someone not on his toes.

If you want to pin the keeper from an offside position then you run the risk. O’Neill shouldn’t complain.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I can see why the Wolves goal was ruled out. Subjective, but Fabianski would have much preferred someone not on his toes.

If you want to pin the keeper from an offside position then you run the risk. O’Neill shouldn’t complain.
I’ve just watched this decision being discussed by the MOTD pundits.

I disagree with them. Looks like a clear offside to me. I would say if you are going to stand in an offside position the onus is on you to not be interfering, not on the goalkeeper to move to get a better view - as suggested by the pundits.

They also ask how to get away from this type of thing, the answer would be go back to the old fashioned offside law and then it would be a clear offside without debate. But that would be a backwards step.

Edit: I would also add the player started in that position with the clear intention of making life difficult for the keeper. Now while onside that’s fine, but again I think this puts the onus on the attacking player to make sure they are not impeding the keeper once they stop being onside.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Decent game so far at Old Trafford

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Yet a villa goal against Brighton stood ...
Yep. I haven't forgotten. And he was actually blocking the view of the shot.
1000008502.jpg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
That is a hilarious equaliser to be fair

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That’s the sort of goal that gets talked about for seasons afterwards by the fans

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
And suddenly there are thousands of Man U fans in Old Trafford. Is it free entry after half time? Total silence first half.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here