Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 30/12/23 - 2/1/24

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Yep, but he has more to him than that I hope, Seems to have integrity. Can you imagine our joy when he turns them down?

I did think the same about GP though :down:
Yep but aren't all the top big teams just owned by soulless billionaires now ? I guess at least the new man u part owner is a fan.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
ManC will win the title.

But I love the competitiveness this season. Liverpool’s midfield rebuild took just one summer, Villa, Spurs are going places.

I detest the Saudi version of NUFC. I expect they’ll cheat with some ‘loans’ of well known players from the Saudi league this month.
Can I have a little flutter with you about Spurs please. Has 'good bloke' Ange really stopped them being Spursy?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
That would have not been a shock if it was 10-0 based on the chances. 7 XG is nuts. Newcastle have been dreadful for a while now. Eddie surely on borrowed time.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Re the pens. Both correct. Anyone who has watched rugby knows that the tap tackle can take a couple of running strides to knock you down. It also showed why Jack H getting shot away vs palace deprived us of a clear pen.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can I have a little flutter with you about Spurs please. Has 'good bloke' Ange really stopped them being Spursy?

I feel he’s the best coach for them in a very long time. What do you think @Kinky Gerbil ?

Plus Levy has been spending shedloads, their squad has now cost more than Liverpool’s!

Going for them no European football, going against them players off to Asia and Africa.

This season I predict 5th. What do you think?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Massive incentive for us tomorrow - win and we go 6th. Not a bad way to start 2024 considering the player sales, injuries, Europa campaign and the fact we’re a bit suspect defensively and can’t keep a cleansheet!

Not just us though, that game highlighted that even at the top end of the league, good defenses are hard to find these days!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I feel he’s the best coach for them in a very long time. What do you think @Kinky Gerbil ?

Plus Levy has been spending shedloads, their squad has now cost more than Liverpool’s!

Going for them no European football, going against them players off to Asia and Africa.

This season I predict 5th. What do you think?
I did this a while back, but current predictions would be:
1, City or Liverpool
2, ditto
3, the Arse
4, Villa
Then one of Spurs, Newcastle, United, Chelsea and us.
Any of that lot could come good in the second half of the season. Depends on form, injuries, going far in other competitions.
Note that Spurs are about to lose Son, and hopefully for well into Feb. Ditto with Sarr and Biss. Look how they've struggled with injuries over the past month or so. Thankfully refs have begun to twig that Romero is a red card about to happen (they still need to learn about Guimares and Joelinton), and that will effect them. Spurs play kamikaze football, as they proved last Thursday.
I read your comment as suggesting that they'd finish higher than fifth, but I wouldn't be too confident about fifth myself.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I did this a while back, but current predictions would be:
1, City or Liverpool
2, ditto
3, the Arse
4, Villa
Then one of Spurs, Newcastle, United, Chelsea and us.
Any of that lot could come good in the second half of the season. Depends on form, injuries, going far in other competitions.
Note that Spurs are about to lose Son, and hopefully for well into Feb. Ditto with Sarr and Biss. Look how they've struggled with injuries over the past month or so. Thankfully refs have begun to twig that Romero is a red card about to happen (they still need to learn about Guimares and Joelinton), and that will effect them. Spurs play kamikaze football, as they proved last Thursday.
I read your comment as suggesting that they'd finish higher than fifth, but I wouldn't be too confident about fifth myself.

I did read like that! I just meant the race for 2nd to 4th is good. I deliberately didn't mention Arsenal because other than playing injury-hit us the other day, imho they haven't pushed on, opposition coaches now nullify the 2022/23 threats ... stop Saka and Martinelli.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Huge match tomorrow (well, they all are). A win and Albion go sixth. That would be some achievement with all the difficulties.

I've become a temporary LIverpool fan in the League Cup. A Chelsea win could take one of the spots away. And there there may not be another co-efficient slot available.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Massive incentive for us tomorrow - win and we go 6th. Not a bad way to start 2024 considering the player sales, injuries, Europa campaign and the fact we’re a bit suspect defensively and can’t keep a cleansheet!

Incentive isn't the issue though is it. A starting 11 playing in the correct positions would've been nice.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He was running flat out and his leg was clipped. Watch the reverse angle at full speed it will be obvious. I was a winger in my rugby days and it is horrendous when that happens to you! Try to carry on but can’t.

Even the spitter thinks he didn't need to go down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here