[Albion] Premier League 30/12/22 - 1/1/23

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Didn't Dunk do that once? (not sure - just asking)
Bridcutt scored two OGs, Dunk got one in the 6-1 FA Cup loss at anfield back in 2012. But I do have a vague recollection of Dunk scoring two own goals in one game. Might have been consecutive games, though.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bridcutt scored two OGs, Dunk got one in the 6-1 FA Cup loss at anfield back in 2012. But I do have a vague recollection of Dunk scoring two own goals in one game. Might have been consecutive games, though.
Vague recollections, eh? Me too. Getting old!

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Both teams were very sloppy in possession...though it made it exciting

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's weird how they have gone from European places to bottom 6. What's gone wrong?
Run out of puff. Run out of steam. Run out of ideas.

They're not a natural top PL team - they've had a good run, but probably due for a year or two of lean times, and maybe a bounce in and out of the Championship soon. They're really not that hot, basically squatting in their subsidised council house of a stadium.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Imho.

The European position flattered them, they were never a quality team, relying on Antonio to sneak against the run of play winners or Soucek headers. Both now covered by the opposition.

A mid table at best squad.
Yes, both of those players have stopped scoring.
They had a period when they were awesome from set pieces, but the goals from that route seems to have dried up too.
Playing in the European League (or whatever it's called) rarely helps for teams' performance in the PL either, although West Ham are taking it to new levels.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Didn’t think much of Liverpool to be honest. Hate to say that but Caicedo would improve them immensely.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
There is always one crisis club in the premier league. This weekend it will be West Ham but by the time we hammer Everton it will be frank being hounded out.

It isn’t that long ago that Rodgers was doomed and players had apparently downed tools.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Yup they're all one or two points behind the teams above, should just give up and leave WO in the rest of their games.
I was making the point about goal difference at this stage being strongly correlated with the chances of them getting relegated.

But I think you knew that. What happened to that extended break from NSC you promised us? Lasted about a day didn't it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports